A touch of tungsten

Roger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mrlowlight.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I changed the wb of this shot taken in late afternoon light....

197354924-L-1.jpg

Why?

I didn't with this_one and it is still said to be too blue by one, and you did it on purpose. Why?

I think that it gives it an interesting look. Very blue indeed, but if one wants to go monochromatic, it is just a little more original than B&W or sepia. In my taste it goes well with the industrial looks of the buildings.

Corrina I did it because I can lol...seriously, I wanted to augment the already Urban Sci-Fi look of this building and I thought a much cooler tone would suit and I see nothing wrong with the cool tones of the pic you took. Cool blue emphasises a darkish mood for me. Deudeu glad you got where I was coming from, thanks for the comment.

oh well the photo also depends a lot on what the photographer is thinking.. i think its kinda interesting now that i have heard what Roger thinks. nice work. :)

fsquares
www.fsquares.com

Why?

I didn't with this_one and it is still said to be too blue by one, and you did it on purpose. Why?

Any experiment that does not contribute to the impact of the centre of interest and the effectiveness of the shot detracts from it and is a weakness. The barrel distortion, lack of detail in some areas and the distracting cars at the bottom are already problematic issues from a photography point of view.

skieur

I agree with Skieur on the cars in the bottom of the image. but I like the barrel distortion especially with a Sci intent. To me it give a look that is not used as often. Original. When was the image taken? Would a Saturday allow for a chance at the image without any cars in the shot?

Nice work.

The cars will date it quickly- I'd crop them out, the shot may look better without them. If you shot this in RAW I think it might be interesting to change the white balance on the sky and leave the tungsten on the buildings.

I agree with Skieur on the cars in the bottom of the image. but I like the barrel distortion especially with a Sci intent. To me it give a look that is not used as often. Original. When was the image taken? Would a Saturday allow for a chance at the image without any cars in the shot?

Nice work.

A Sci intent in order to work requires a totally different angle without the cars and without the hotel type building in the background as well as a more creative and selective approach to colour.

skieur

my eye goes straight for the white car...

fsquares thanks for commenting....skieur, well as the photographer I disagree with your assessment, there is no rule that says there has to be detail everywhere in a pic, it depnds on the subject and intent. The distortion adds the element I was after, the tone was an attempt to emphasise as I said, if you think that failed then that's your opinion and it has no more value than mine or anyone else's. The cars being a distraction, I can wear that crit! Due to the strength of your crit, I looked at a bunch of your comments, generally you're quite harsh on people and I could only find two examples of images from you....not particularly impressive either. If you can point me in the direction of examples of your work that show what you're talking about, that would be fine indeed. LokiZ I took other shots where the cars don't show and I do like them better...abraxas see previous comment.....ShaCow fair enough...Mesoam...okay.

I dont think you need to see anyones work to validate their point of view.
skieur's observations are accurate and usefull in my opinion, I much prefer to see constructive critique than ego stroking.
People will always agree to dis-agree on the merits of photo images, its so subjective.
Take the advice, use it or disgard it, but accept a differing opinion.
Personally, I prefer to be hammered......into the ground.....and daisy's planted.
How else are you to measure your progress if everyone says "thats lovely" as a default critique...
I suppose my opinion aint worth **** without pics
I ought to post some of my work, I feel such a fraud:lmao:.

I ought to post some of my work...

You should, Joxby, and if only because you are new and we would like to get to know you and your work ;) :D.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back