A touch of Yellow

NateS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A lone weed from our yard.
p721846274-4.jpg

Almost gone ... this really was a last minute shot, methinks, for by now it will have whilted and died, I'm afraid. The tiny insect (spider?) is the icing on the cake!
(Since I'm such a bad, bad gardener, I always find weeds in our garden, too, and some are REALLY PRETTY, so I leave them there, and although I keep telling me NOT to take any more flower photos, since my folder of flower photos is overflowing already, I feel obliged to take the weed's pics every year again and again).

I like how the weed is tac sharp. Well done

What camera/lens setup did you use?

Used a D90/Sigma 70-300 APO, SB-600 to the left of the weed.

Almost gone ... this really was a last minute shot, methinks, for by now it will have whilted and died, I'm afraid. The tiny insect (spider?) is the icing on the cake!
(Since I'm such a bad, bad gardener, I always find weeds in our garden, too, and some are REALLY PRETTY, so I leave them there, and although I keep telling me NOT to take any more flower photos, since my folder of flower photos is overflowing already, I feel obliged to take the weed's pics every year again and again).

Lol...I'm the same way. When you get up-close and personal shots of the weeds...they actually look kinda pretty. It seems like a few weed photos from around the yard always gets me kickstarted into shooting other objects (bugs and stuff).

Oh, and the spider wasn't even visible when shooting (the weed was only about an inch tall). It was definitely icing on the cake when I was editing them and saw the spider and spider web attached.

I like how the weed is tac sharp. Well done

Thank you. I appreciate it.

Loving that you got the spider and its web on there too. Great moment of nature.

Most reactions

Back