A trip around my Library at home.

GrfxGuru

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.grfxmedia.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Whilst looking around my Library I thought this made for an interesting photograph. Technically it's not B/W so I posted in General. Processing was done with Apple's Aperture and Nik Software's SilverEfex Pro.

Thanks for looking.

2736433248_d68fd66064_o.jpg

im hooked on old bookshops right now so i really like it. i like the tone a lot as well. the only thing i wish was that the hot spots on the tea cup were a little more subdued, a bit softer feeling. what's in it by the way? nut's? rocks? shells?

Thanks. Yeah I should probably tap down the highlights a little, appreciate the suggestion.

In the cup are some shells, an acorn and the item on top is a small very old tin of mints :)

Very nice image. I have wanted to shoot something like this for a while, but I don't have worn out books like yours :)

I won't tell the books incase they don't like the sound of being worn out lol

Nice image; love it. I bet you could come up with lots more for a series.

...but I don't have worn out books like yours

Well, you gotta keep re-reading them until they look worn enough. :mrgreen:

Jon

Libraries...

...I think I've heard of them, weren't they around before the internet?

All kidding aside, I really like the tonal range. On my monitor, the teacup's highlights don't appear as hot spots. Maybe I need a better monitor? :)

Interesting, they are not clipping but they are bright on my monitor, but on the print they are fine (Thanks to 10.5 OS-X my Epson R1800 is still hell to get a decent print out off!). I use a Huey Pro to calibrate the screens.

Most reactions

Back