A twist on senior portraits

shuttercraft

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mwilbourn.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is defiantly a twist on senior portraits. the subject is 18 and she did not want her face to be shown. She had just had a baby 3 months ago.

This picture is unedited and 100% natral lighting! The next step is to edit it.
dsc00118.jpg

Last edited:
I'd be more interested in the final version of any images, personally.

Didn't have any girls in highschool that wanted senior photos like that... Maybe I went to the wrong highschool...

how can this be classified as a senior portrait?

I'm sorry, but there is a big difference between artfully using shadow to show only a few curves, and completely underexposing. Its hard to sculpt with shadow; I wish I could do it well, but so far I can't.

I think you were on the right track with using window lighting, but you need to totally reposition, change your exposure, and try again. If you're looking for a nude shot that uses shadow to obscure the face, does this example show what you were going for?
Maternity Nude Boston

That's the style I'm assuming you were aiming for. As it stands, though, it just looks like you accidentally metered for the window.

In my business, my studio I would not do this with a senior. Even if it was a 18 year old student. It would be a bad business image and I can't see anything good coming from it. I also don't see anything artistic or professional about this photo. I'll reserve any actual critique for the final version, but as it sits I would not sell it.

Last school year, a competitor did a senior shoot for a girl who wanted to have water pouring down on her while she ran her fingers through her hair in a white t-shirt. She was going for the sexy model look with her senior photos ... he did it for her ... as a result the other girls in that school started making slut jokes about her .. the parents were not thrilled .. and I started getting even more of his business from that school.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back