" A VERMONT WATER WHEEL "

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Everyone, my name is Tom, and I live in Vermont.. This will be my first post here at TPF.. I am new to this forum, but also participate in another.. look forward to see how this one works....
  • Focal length: 11.6mm
  • Exposure time: 0.0100 s (1/100)
  • Aperture: f/4.2
  • ISO equiv.: 50
  • Metering Mode: matrix
guildhallmillthree.jpg

Hi Tom, welcome to The Photo Forum.
So what is it you want to hear about? In other words: what exactly do you want critiqued? Composition? Exposure? Saturation? Technical things? Emotional values? Just tell us so we know where to start ;).

Hi La Foto... guess I screwed up right off the bat huh?? Seems odd to post a pic into critique and then say what you , ( as The Photographer )don't like..

That IMO makes it easy for a viewer to jump on the wagon .... I guess I would prefer to hear what public opinion likes or dislike about this photo..lol..

example , I might not be real happy with the reeds in the foreground, then the next 5 viewers would automatically focus on the reeds, and chances are they would agree with my thoughts...

Kristen6877... Thank You for commenting.. I appreciate it...

If they did they would be idiots.

That is what elevates this above what a complete novice would shoot. Foreground always equals depth. Photography had length and width but depth is an illusion and foreground is one of the tools to do it. It is like your mind has to do an acrobatic step over the foreground objects. So the illusion of depth is created.

Another way this could have been done in this shot would be shoot down that sluce, I think it is called. Let the line of the sluce walk your mind into the image.

I think that this image perhaps has been distorted in the resizing. If you look at the water wheel it is oval rather than round. The picture also seems rather heavily saturated and almost as if it has been heavily area-sharpened.

This 'look' and the aspect ratio seems wrong for the subject matter.

Sorry.

BTW, the sticky at the top of the critique forum mentions that this is for problem images raterh than general critique. That is why LaFoto queried the OP.

yes, i was also gonna add that it seems a bit distorted

I also feel that the red water wheel is oversaturated, it almost looks pink in my moniter and pops out way to much.

i also think the sky is a bit washed out and maybe a polarizer could have helped or a graduated ND filter to get really picky

other then thats its a great shot

I believe the distortion is the angle of the shot and not at all objectionable to me. Color also works for me, what I wish is that the sluce went farther in the shot. Might have made it a horizontal shot then but i wasn't there so I cant tell what the scene really looked like.

I think it looks like a snapshot with nice color saturation.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back