A very cold night in London

mdcrisp2000

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bikeeurope.org.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It was cold and windy and my tripod broke, but it was worth it!

Buckingham_Palace_by_mdcrisp2000.jpg

St_Paul__s_by_mdcrisp2000.jpg

Tower_Bridge_by_mdcrisp2000.jpg

And my personal favourite:

London__s_Eye_by_mdcrisp2000.jpg

It was worth being out in the cold-cold night! I like these! I have never seen Buckingham Palace without masses of tourists around, so this is a first for me! And I don't recall any night photo of St. Paul's Cathedral, either. So thanks for venturing out into the cold for these and for showing us! I like them!

It was worth being out in the cold-cold night! I like these! I have never seen Buckingham Palace without masses of tourists around, so this is a first for me! And I don't recall any night photo of St. Paul's Cathedral, either. So thanks for venturing out into the cold for these and for showing us! I like them!
There were still a fair few people around the palace, but 13 seconds is long enough for them to disappear, thankfully.

And St Paul's is beautiful at night. I would have taken more photos, but I was with another person and he was getting restless and cold, so I had to move on quickly. Next time I'm going by myself!

I agree, London Eye photo is the pick of the bunch, how long was the exposure?

The composition of #1 is good, but for me the glare spoils it somewhat.

(Yesterday was absolutely freezing in London actually!)

I agree, London Eye photo is the pick of the bunch, how long was the exposure?

The composition of #1 is good, but for me the glare spoils it somewhat.

(Yesterday was absolutely freezing in London actually!)
Yeah, yesterday was unbelievably freezing! I'll wear an extra few layers next time.

The eye shot was 30 seconds at f13. I'd love for it to have still been moving... ND filter and a few minutes of exposure make it look awesome!

As for the glare, I'm gonna have a go at cloning it out. I think it has something to do with my cheap UV filter (and maybe the odd fingerprint :blushing:)

lovely shots, you're making me miss the place! can't wait to be back on the 5th ;)

really like the bridge one and the wheel one. very nice! great job.

Thanks very much everyone!

Here's one last one from that night and one from about a month ago in exactly the same spot (cool place!):

Under_Construction_Part_II_by_mdcrisp2000.jpg

Under_Construction_by_mdcrisp2000.jpg

Thought I'd bump this rather than make a whole new thread. Only this time it was a very cold afternoon in London...

London_Eye_II_by_mdcrisp2000.jpg

London_Eye_III_by_mdcrisp2000.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back