A Very Merry Christmas Session

shutterbugjen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.shutterbugbyjen.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Since I recently became a mom I have had SO MUCH FUN taking my son's photos! Finally after years of taking darling photos of other peoples darling children I get to use my cute props & ideas to create photos that I get to love and frame and put on my own Christmas cards :) So from the day he was born the child has never seen a day where I didn't take his photo however, this years Christmas session was by far my best session with him yet! Of course, I have to share :) Asa is only 6 months old and as you can see in the photos he is very excited for his first Christmas! I hope he brings as much joy to your holiday season as he is mine!

Attachments

• $0_1sm.jpg
    $0_1sm.jpg
    420.3 KB · Views: 198
  • $0_4sm.jpg
    $0_4sm.jpg
    396.2 KB · Views: 184
  • $0_1sm.jpg
    $0_1sm.jpg
    424.9 KB · Views: 183
  • $0_4sm.jpg
    $0_4sm.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 207
  • $0_10sm.jpg
    $0_10sm.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 171
  • $0sm.jpg
    $0sm.jpg
    374.5 KB · Views: 165
  • $0_15sm.jpg
    $0_15sm.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 163
  • $0_61sm.jpg
    $0_61sm.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 200
  • $0_194 sm.jpg
    $0_194 sm.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 210
  • $0_3sm.jpg
    $0_3sm.jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 166
I absolutely LOVE the 9th image. That gets my vote for your Christmas card :) How BIG is he?! Sitting and pulling up at 6 months! Very precocious :)

The others are very "one note" in terms of color. He is very fair completed, put in an off-white/white outfit, against a very light background. Everything kind of blends together. The 9th photo has just enough color to "pop" out. Also, be careful with your background props. Either have the whole word or no word. The way you can see the lights completely in the forth is a bit distracting.

Seriously, I love the 9th. I keep going back and looking at it. Can't wait to see more from you!

I like them but I feel like the baby is getting lost. Seems to be all one tone without much contrasts.

p.s. where did you get the snowman suit?

Thanks for the comments everyone! I actually just got the snowman outfit from babies R us!

Yes there is a lot of white, that's just my style. I feel like it shows his face off more. (You should see my wardrobe, a lot of white and cream, LOL!)

I like them but I feel like the baby is getting lost. Seems to be all one tone without much contrasts.

p.s. where did you get the snowman suit?

Exactly my thoughts. Baby is lost in all the white.

Thanks for the comments everyone! I actually just got the snowman outfit from babies R us!

Yes there is a lot of white, that's just my style. I feel like it shows his face off more. (You should see my wardrobe, a lot of white and cream, LOL!)

I don't know if it can be chalked up simply to stylistic choice.

You have a very pale baby against a white background in an all white outfit, sitting on white. It just doesn't make for the most pleasing picture. Any color that does show up in these pictures carries most of the visual weight (saddle, etc). Hence, the visual balance of the image is off in many of them-- So much weight naturally goes to anything that's contrasting against the white. The focus should be on baby.

I think these would all be much better with baby in a cute colored Christmas outfit (Red/green) but that's just my opinion.

That being said, I do think some of these work very well and are extremely cute. My comments mainly apply to the images with the horse.

I don't know if it can be chalked up simply to stylistic choice.

You have a very pale baby against a white background in an all white outfit, sitting on white. It just doesn't make for the most pleasing picture. Any color that does show up in these pictures carries most of the visual weight (saddle, etc). Hence, the visual balance of the image is off in many of them-- So much weight naturally goes to anything that's contrasting against the white. The focus should be on baby.

I think these would all be much better with baby in a cute colored Christmas outfit (Red/green) but that's just my opinion.

We are all allowed our opinions and they may not be the same but that is why they are opinions. I wasn't looking for critics I was just sharing these with everyone because I was excited about them. This is my style and what I like and I appreciate the feedback but really my main reason for posting was just to show what I have been working on lately.

Most reactions

Back