A view of Sunset Bay

Not bad. HDR? I find that the stump in the foreground to be a little dominant - it is large compared to other elements in the image - that is my only concern.

Not bad. HDR? I find that the stump in the foreground to be a little dominant - it is large compared to other elements in the image - that is my only concern.

I can see what you're saying. Maybe a bit higher vantage point would've helped offset this. Thanks for the feedback!

Very pretty, would love to see it on HDR...

You're in luck. This is a 3 shot HDR :)

It's a very nice shot. Soothing. I'm good with the composition. Maybe give the island in back just a little punch?

I like! Great HDR image that isn't overdone! I don't like the cartoonish HDRs.

When shooting landscapes like this, if your camera has the function, use mirror lock up and a 2-10 second timer, or a remote. You'll be amazed at how much sharper this makes your images.

The focal point of this image is not strong, and takes away from the composition as a result. I think a focus on the way the land opens and closes to bring the viewer's eyes to rest on the island in the middle is a stronger compositional element than the stump. Often landscape photographers include foreground elements because it is a common tip. However, in this case IMO, it detracts from the natural composition the land formation offered.

This also could have benefited from focus bracketing. One shot focused on the island, and one on the mid/foreground. Even separating it into 3 or 4 focus planes would be good. This would be a lot of work, on top of the fact you already produced a HDR image out of this as well. Most good things in life don't come easy. I think this area is worthy of further study.

Your exposure seems pretty good though. Maybe use a polarizer or some careful post processing to bring some depth back into the sky and clouds?

Cheers.

GnipGnop said:
When shooting landscapes like this, if your camera has the function, use mirror lock up and a 2-10 second timer, or a remote. You'll be amazed at how much sharper this makes your images.

The focal point of this image is not strong, and takes away from the composition as a result. I think a focus on the way the land opens and closes to bring the viewer's eyes to rest on the island in the middle is a stronger compositional element than the stump. Often landscape photographers include foreground elements because it is a common tip. However, in this case IMO, it detracts from the natural composition the land formation offered.

This also could have benefited from focus bracketing. One shot focused on the island, and one on the mid/foreground. Even separating it into 3 or 4 focus planes would be good. This would be a lot of work, on top of the fact you already produced a HDR image out of this as well. Most good things in life don't come easy. I think this area is worthy of further study.

Your exposure seems pretty good though. Maybe use a polarizer or some careful post processing to bring some depth back into the sky and clouds?

Cheers.

Excellent cc. Noted all suggestions. Cheers!

Yeah, this is a nice HDR photo. I also hate it when people over due it on the HDR.

I don't know anything about HDR, but in terms of composition: The four elements framing the island (point, stump, tree, point) make me want to see more of the interesting island with its dead trees. Now I'm squinting to try to see it more clearly. Sorry if this isn't very helpful information.

One of the outstanding images i have seen so far from you...
The cut tree on the left and the new born tree on the right side is telling a story
The colors are well complementing one another

Regards :D

Cheers.

i realize i have to learn a lot....... :thumbsup:

Most reactions

Back