A village sunset ( request critique please)

Jasii

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The sun had gone down and I read somewhere that it does give a final splash before retiring for the day. I was waiting for that and it did just that, a short spectacle that lasted for a minute or so and Boy! was I glad to be a mute spectator? You betcha I sure was. I stood rooted to my roots, a smile on my lips and cheer in my heart, glad I was a country boy.

Cheers!
Jasii

A Village Sunset The final splash-2 by jasiiboss, on Flickr

Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous

Awesome shot, the sky realy gave in. Like the composition also.

Beautiful Jasii, there's just something about living in the country that puts a smile on your face.

Nice shot, but I find that the foreground lacks contrast in both colour and luminance. It has a flat 'all one green' look that makes it slightly luminous. It also adds an overall green impression that mutes all the colours a little.

All I've done is add that contrast back into the foreground and a small WB and brightness correction.

mod-1.jpg

The sun had gone down and I read somewhere that it does give a final splash before retiring for the day. I was waiting for that and it did just that, a short spectacle that lasted for a minute or so and Boy! was I glad to be a mute spectator? You betcha I sure was. I stood rooted to my roots, a smile on my lips and cheer in my heart, glad I was a country boy.

Cheers!
Jasii

A Village Sunset The final splash-2 by jasiiboss, on Flickr
Tranquility..... Excellent Jasii

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Beautiful scene Jasii. I like Tim's adjustment. Even though the bright cloud pattern top right is interesting, it probably draws my attention a bit more than it should. Maybe a bit crop off the top or selectively bring the highlight down.

Last edited:
Very nice. I also like Tim Tuckers adjustments.

This is a beautiful place and a beautiful sky. The photo shows what was in front of the lens, but for me, I do not feel immersed or involved, now drawn in. I look at this and I do not get a sense of scale; the earth-colored line; is that a road? Or a cow or an animal path? I can't tell what the scale is...is the road or the path elevated? it seems so,. but by how much? How far away are the trees to the left? Overall, this shot appears to have been made with a wide-angle lens, and the distances appear long, the background very small, and the entire foreground small and not involving.

Nice shot, but I find that the foreground lacks contrast in both colour and luminance. It has a flat 'all one green' look that makes it slightly luminous. It also adds an overall green impression that mutes all the colours a little.

All I've done is add that contrast back into the foreground and a small WB and brightness correction.

View attachment 108377
Thank you so much Tim for responding to the shout out. It was mighty nice of you to have pointed out the finer nuances, which I guess will come gradually as the eye trains better. The idea was to move a couple of steps forward in my next shot and I guess you just showed me some direction.
Gracias!
Jasii

Tranquility..... Excellent Jasii

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
You made me a happy Puppy ;)

Beautiful scene Jasii. I like Tim's adjustment. Even though the bright cloud pattern top right is interesting, it probably draws my attention a bit more than it should. Maybe a bit crop of the top or selectively bring the highlight down.
Thanks Jaca. I too liked Tim's version and am mighty grateful that he pitched in. I agree with your observation about the bright cloud pattern and did try at editing that bit but gave up when I found I was messing it bad and for some reason did not want the top crop.

Very nice. I also like Tim Tuckers adjustments.
Thank you so much Rob.

Great shot!
Nancy where is the critique? :p
Ps. Thank you. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back