SlimPaul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

We went to the zoo last week and I'd like to share some photos. I'll start with 4, but I can post more if you like. C&C appreciated.

Paul,

1. Snowy Cheetah
3277431902_d8657f63cd.jpg

2. A rainbow of colors
3276607939_7b1126ef4b.jpg

3279196299_bb66ed74fb.jpg

4. Tired monkey
3281460429_8163798151.jpg

I'm interested that they leave the cheetas out when it's cold enough to snow. Here in Cincy they take all of the "warm weather" animals inside. Would have liked to not seen the fence in #1. Exposures look good though.

1. It seems like the cheetah should stand out more. I guess the animal is doing what it was bred to do; it blends into its surroundings for hunting.

2. This is my number two pick of your collection. Its too bad that one branch near the bird's beak was so close and came into focus too.

3. I like the bird, but would have preferred a darker background to make the white bird stand out a bit more.

4. This is my favorite of the bunch. All of the wood comes together at that subject, which helps focus the viewer's attention. What is the white thing on the monkey's elbow?

Unfortunately, I have no recommendations, but thanks for sharing the photos.

John

Thanks for the comments jylikins and vabikeguy. Any more thoughts? ;)

I have more of a question, as opposed to a comment. So just excuse what I type next as thinking out loud.

I wonder what a slightly smaller aperture and faster shutter would yield? It would be interesting to see if these slight adjustments would still blur the background, but call out the snow flakes a bit more.

Most reactions

Back