No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.onelightimages.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Camera=1960’s Rollei 35-s
Film= Kodak Tri-X 400 black and white

Please help with exposure problem my outdoor shots are a little to grainy as seen in this shot. The camera is set to 400 asa and auto light meteris set.
$8081-04A copy.jpg

For outdoor shots like that, try using a lower ISO film if you have some available. 100 would be fine for a shot like that.

Other than that, are you developing the film yourself? What developer are you using?

I think I might have figured it out most of my outside shotswere set at a shutter speed of 250 the ones at 500 were much better. With the400 ASA film. I want to order some lower ASA I think that will work to..And I willhave more flexibility with each shot.

Well, go for Delta 100 and development in D76 1+2. One more thing; when you outdoor why don't you put an orange filter on the lens. This will improve that empty sky.

Switch to Tmax 400 and develop it in Tmax developer. In my experience this is much less grainy than the best I was able to get from Tri-X (using HC-110).

Great advice thanks I will look on line for some 100 andsome Tmax 400 and see how it goes.

There is a way to get grainless and sharp TX, but it needs a bit of darkroom mambo-jumbo. Nothing complicated in reality.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back