A Winter Wonderland

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.airic.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Despite temperatures still below –10C it was a great weekend for shooting and today was another busy day for me. My wife and I took a drive on this nice sunny day and the first objective was to find a reported Snowy Owl.

First we came across this Kestrel
scenic20072184332copy.jpg

Then I spotted the Snowy out in an open field
scenic20072184356copy.jpg

I was walking out on the snow covered field about 30ft when all of a sudden I sunk down to my knees, needless to say I had cold wet feet for the rest of the day.
scenic20072184381copy.jpg

The Snowy did not want much to do with me and the four crows that arrived to hassle him so he made himself scarce pretty fast. It was then off to the Humber for some waterfowl shots. They look nice but man was it cold, no hiding from the wind down there.
scenic20072184412copy.jpg

scenic20072184419copy.jpg

Then a fast drive through the Canadian National Exhibition grounds
scenic20072184438copy.jpg

scenic20072184441copy.jpg

Over to Old Fort York. I was surprised it was open during the winter. That is my wife all bundled up.
scenic20072189449copy.jpg

scenic20072189445copy.jpg

The frozen City of Toronto seen from the Docks.
scenic20072189452copy.jpg

Then down to Cherry Beach for lunch
scenic20072189461copy.jpg

From the “You never know what you may find” file. A piano sitting out on the ice. There is more to the story as I cropped out the movie crew that was set up to do a shoot with the piano.
scenic20072184446copy.jpg

One of my favourite bridges in the docks area. My wife thought I dropped the camera when she saw me getting up from this shot. Then she disciplined me for playing in the middle of the road.
scenic20072189467copy.jpg

I had just enough time for a Harrier Hawk encounter before heading to my nephew’s hockey game.
scenic20072184463copy.jpg

Not bad for a sunny but very cold day out. Bring on summer.

Eric

EXcellent shooting as always Eric. Something about that exhibition shot that I really dig.
The piano is cool. I found another abandoned piano on Kingston road near guildwood train station. Im hoping it is still there this week.
Hope it will be warm next weekend.

great series buddy.. love the Kestral shot, and all the rest.. wish Bernie well from us, hope she is wrapped up in a warm blanket now... Lots of nice sun out there, but we stayed in for the Daytona 500., my favorite race.

great series buddy.. love the Kestral shot, and all the rest.. wish Bernie well from us, hope she is wrapped up in a warm blanket now... Lots of nice sun out there, but we stayed in for the Daytona 500., my favorite race.

What, you were not out shooting on this fine day. I'm surprised.

Eric

EXcellent shooting as always Eric. Something about that exhibition shot that I really dig.
The piano is cool. I found another abandoned piano on Kingston road near guildwood train station. Im hoping it is still there this week.
Hope it will be warm next weekend.

Thanks Carl. We stopped in at the Bluffs but it was to late and the light was gone from the face of the cliffs. I guess the best light is in the morning. I wanted to stop by the Guild Inn but we ran out of time, have to save something for another day.

Eric

Wonderful series! A little of everything! Every single one is a winner.

Man, I'm green with envy that you saw a snowy (I've only ever seen them in zoos). The kestrel is sweet, clinging to the top of that branch. And all the non-bird shots are awesome (great clouds on these icy cold days, eh?) The piano on the ice is too surreal. Great pov with the lift bridge. And I can never get enough skyline and lifeguard station shots. You sure had a productive day!

The piano shot is just incredible. I've never played a piano outdoors, let alone in freezing temperatures. Maybe I should try it...

#9 for me, interesting looking with the spikes and all,

also the piano !! very interesting to find in the middle of a field. !!

Damn, you guys got around...

Fav of the bunch is probably the lifehouse on cherry beach :)

Anty,
One of these days I will have to take you on a Owl search. It is a real thrill when you find one.
Just make sure you have a defibrillator handy, as I'd probably have a heart attack if I saw one closeup in the wild.

Most reactions

Back