A Year Next Week

~Stella~

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Seems like last month I was posting her newborn shots.

The story with that darn blanket is that it was mine as a baby - I promised my mother I would take some shots with it and in my old dresses, so don't complain about blanket overdose, ok? :lol:

A couple have background issues I may try to sort out later.

I'm going to try again soon (same blanket, same dresses) - she turns 1 next week and I thought it would be nice to have some from right around her birthday, so any suggestions will be incorporated into the next effort.

Sorry for so many at once. :blushing:

P1080306_edited-2.jpg

P1080336_edited-1.jpg

P1080377_edited-1.jpg

P1080380_edited-1-1.jpg

P1080322_edited-1.jpg

P1080295_edited-2.jpg

P1080350_edited-1.jpg

P1080296_edited-1.jpg

And just for comparison....

P1030643_edited-1.jpg

P1030638_edited-1.jpg

WOW...look at those EYES! what a doll!

did you do any PP to the eyes?....they look great.

I love # 4 and # 6

She is a cutie and very nice eyes

Thanks for the comments.

WOW...look at those EYES! what a doll!

did you do any PP to the eyes?....they look great.

I hesitate to admit it, but she had a black eye recently from leaping into a coffee table, so I had to lighten the bruise and redness left from the healing cut under her left eye. :blushing:

But yes, I also increased the contrast a little, removed shadows, and did a slight unsharp mask on her eyes, depending on how much was needed

She is forever tearing up (not crying, just teary eyes), so I had to fix that in some of them as well, but that's par for the course for her - otherwise every single shot would look like she's been upset.

She takes after my 5 year old with the big eyes - here he is in a snapshot making a silly face last week:

P1080260_edited-1.jpg

Those are very nice. I love the second one and the others with her in the rocking chair!! Too cute!

Thank you for your input - much appreciated. The rocking chair was an afterthought when we were almost done - funny that they came out so well, considering.

It's good you added the rocking chair, though. I am still learning about photographing babies and older children myself, my first newborn shoot back in January, did not go so well. So I am always amazed at people's photos of babies and children, and yours I think are just really great here.

Thank you for your input - much appreciated. The rocking chair was an afterthought when we were almost done - funny that they came out so well, considering.

OK, new edits.....since I just spent forever on them and no one else is awake. :D

1 Num num bribes! ;)
P1080315_edited-1.jpg

2 This one is cropped as 4x6 because the eyes are soft, but I thought I'd throw it in.
P1080340_edited-1.jpg

P1080345_edited-1.jpg

4 Stuffing baby piehole with bribe cracker
P1080361_edited-1.jpg

5 Escaping! :lol:
P1080351_edited-1.jpg

These are great. And you have great subject material :) You won't ever have to pay a pro if you keep this up.

So precious!! I like all of them but #5 on the first set and #3 and #4 on the second set are pricless she looks to cute!!

lvcrtrs and taknbyd, thanks for both of your comments. Much appreciated.

I know I need a better background...hopefully I'll be able to work on that this week. I don't think the taupe one was too terrible, given the coloring overall?

Number 1. Stunning photography!
Number 2. Beautiful baby!
Number 3. Can I ask what camera you shoot with?

Thank you Blondie.

It's a Panasonic DMC-fz50. I haven't upgraded to a DSLR yet, but I've been happy with it for the most part.

Most reactions

Back