abandoned house pictures

Wow! Very nice shots. All composed real well. The first one....great contrast. Those are the type of shots I am looking for! Care to share what setting you used. Please tell me this wasn't digital.

-Jeremy-

Prophet said:
Wow! Very nice shots. All composed real well. The first one....great contrast. Those are the type of shots I am looking for! Care to share what setting you used. Please tell me this wasn't digital.

-Jeremy-

thank you very much. they are all film, i'm afraid i didn't record the exposure settings though i'm sure the aperture was somewhere around f8 to allow for faster shutter speed but still get the shadows and detail. i have the printing settings written on the back of the prints that i can post when i get them back from my prof. can i ask why you want to know? thanks again :)

Anyone who has seen The Blair Witch Project will get a chill looking at those pictures.

Very nice.

these are stellar...me likey. i love these types of environments. the history, the stories, the things that may have happened and the effects of the years on these places makes them so interesting. great work. Love the lighting in all of them, the first one in particular.

I was going to include a link here to an amazing photographer that takes pictures in all these abandoned buildings in Denmark, but I can't find it to save my life. ugh. I'll try to track it down and pass it along, he has a ton of work and its phenominal.

Happy friday everyone...woo-hoo!
bv

I must be the different one again... These shots are interesting but I really think that you could do better and hope that you will take this as a challenge.

I get the feeling that you aren't stepping back trying to look at this from an outside perspective and capture the total feeling. If you can go back and take some different angle. I really hate cliche's but become one with the house. Many times if you step back you will see things never seen before.

The whole concept of seeing something through a new set of eyes....

I think the second one is the best. I like the composition and the texture on the wall. I'm a big fan of B&W, and stark desolate images, so this one fills my cup. :D Nice job!

I was going to include a link here to an amazing photographer that takes pictures in all these abandoned buildings in Denmark, but I can't find it to save my life. ugh. I'll try to track it down and pass it along, he has a ton of work and its phenominal.

is it http://www.abandoned-places.com? that site is amazing! i like what you said about 'effect of the years' because that's what i was thinking about during this shoot. thank you for your comments.

I must be the different one again... These shots are interesting but I really think that you could do better and hope that you will take this as a challenge.

I get the feeling that you aren't stepping back trying to look at this from an outside perspective and capture the total feeling. If you can go back and take some different angle. I really hate cliche's but become one with the house. Many times if you step back you will see things never seen before.

The whole concept of seeing something through a new set of eyes....

i definitely plan on going back, this was for a project for school so i was pressured for time. thanks for your comments

Hedfire, the reason for my request was because I am trying really hard on my contrast. It seems I get so many greys, but not so many black and white. These photo's, again, are stellar. They are in my opinion, very nicely composed and balance out very nicely.

-Jeremy-

is it http://www.abandoned-places.com? that site is amazing! i like what you said about 'effect of the years' because that's what i was thinking about during this shoot. thank you for your comments.

YES. that was it...thank you for posting. wicked cool stuff, great little stories to go along with them too, i think your "?" was part of that url that kept it from working, i think the link below should work. thanks again, ahhhh...now i'm going to get no work done. :D

http://www.abandoned-places.com

Prophet said:
Hedfire, the reason for my request was because I am trying really hard on my contrast. It seems I get so many greys, but not so many black and white. These photo's, again, are stellar. They are in my opinion, very nicely composed and balance out very nicely.

-Jeremy-

man do i know what you mean! out of all the prints i made this semester these were the only ones i consider to be good quality prints. i don't know what troubles you're having exactly but for me it was exposure....if you get a great neg then printing is not a problem at all. other than that try using different filters on the enlarger....higher filter=higher contrast, but i'm sure you already knew that. that's again for the comments :)

brandonvoges said:
I was going to include a link here to an amazing photographer that takes pictures in all these abandoned buildings in Denmark, but I can't find it to save my life. ugh.

I'm very sorry, but those buildings are in Belgium. I emailed that guy once and he has some tips for me for locations to shoot.

I hope I can make as gorgeous pics as hedfire there, they're really ace!

I like the first one. I like the composition, and it has a nice sense of depth. The rubble needs to be burned in a bit; although it could just be the scan or my crappy computer.

Another thing is that the ground out neg carrier border really grabs my attention. I don't know if this is a good thing as I probably spent more time ogling the border than the picture. I really like 100% full frame prints and a black border. I can see how the sloppy border fits with the subject matter, but that neg carrier looks like it was chewed out by beavers! Maybe try one that is a little neater. Save the wild one for subject matter that isn't in danger of being overwhelmed.

I love exploring abandoned places too!! I found one in Ottawa ont he river that was really creepy. Still had all the furnature inside and everything. There was a suspicious dead beaver outside too! haha me and my friend were so scared we went and got my pellet guns and came back haha. Really spooky inside

Most reactions

New Topics

Back