Abandoned jail

Charlsie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
This is my debut, if you will, in the Darkside Gallery.
These photos are of the old Caddo Parish Jail A.K.A. The Pea Farm. It was once a penal farm, and apparently the land around it was cleared for over a thousand acres. It now sits in some dense woods, and if you didn't know it was there, you'd never guess looking from the road. A winding trail leading from a small dirt road to the jail would have you believe you were much farther back in the woods than you really are, but you're actually only a few yards from the road. At the front of the jail, there's a large bamboo thicket, and there are still patches of monkey grass, daffodils, and lillies that used to make up the flower beds and gardens (an odd sight in the middle of the woods). It's the perfect place for some "Dark Side" photos. :)

PeaFarm_01_2.png

PeaFarm_04_2.png

PeaFarm_14_2R.png

PeaFarm_15_2.png

PeaFarm_25_2.png

I think you have some interesting, but cool, shots. I also think with some sharpening, these photos would turn out a lot better.

cool place, i like buildings and structures that are hidden in woodland... there are similar areas near me....its always intimidating to go and shoot there because its so secluded.... but thats why i like doing it mwwwhahahaa... good shots! :thumbup:

What a cool lookin place. Ya captured it well. I sure could spend days there practicing my tresspassing.

Well, I like the close-ups of the graffiti on the wall here ... and we have many more "abandoned places" photos in the General Gallery, if you are interested. Check out our members GrayFox, seemo (I hope I get the spelling right on this one), and kemizz, they have provided some wonderful "abandoned places" photos of late over there!! (And yours truly has for once also been to an abandoned farm, but her photos skills lack quite a bit in comparison...). And isn't Ab$olute also "into trespassing" ;)???

Thanks for the replies, y'all. :) One thing I like about this palce is that there are none of those pesky No Trespassing signs around. ;) I definitely need to get a more sturdy tripod. Mine doesn't work too well for long exposures (which is what I bought the darn thing for), and this place is usually pretty dark. I have a few other abandoned places on my Flickr page (link in sig) for anyone who cares to see.

Hey Charlsie.Right next door to ya here in marshall.Like the jail photos were did you take them?

Most reactions

Back