Abandoned Restaurant

I like the sunset light on it also. The foreground takes away from it a little IMO. When did it close?

I like the sunset light on it also. The foreground takes away from it a little IMO. When did it close?

Thanks for looking. I was using the foreground to make an arc for the eye to follow and to convey the unkempt look of the area. I'm open to suggestions though, so there is a crop below.

I have no idea how long it has been closed, but it looks like years. The interior is almost completely gutted except for some counters, old boards and broken glass.

26qmbf

I like it, particularly the pink shade of the sunrise. I prefer the uncropped version though, both as the foreground leads your eye into the subject and as you say it conveys the unkempt nature of the area.

If you go without the foreground I'd think you'd want a much tighter shot on the building itself.

Both crops work for me, and that's a hell of a beautiful picture. (I'm biased towards abandoned places, though :)) The colours of the sunset and water are just amazing. What kind of ND filter did you use?

Both crops work for me, and that's a hell of a beautiful picture. (I'm biased towards abandoned places, though :)) The colours of the sunset and water are just amazing. What kind of ND filter did you use?

Hey... thanks for the kind feedback. I used a cpol with a .9 GND for the sky. If I remember correctly, I was able to get a 10 second exposure to soften the water. The cpol gives the water that nice green... At least I like it against the red of the sky.

Most reactions

Back