Abandoned

luckydog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cracked-lenz.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, I've come back to the TPF but am restricting where I visit within the site to save on frustration. There are too many good people in here to ignore as well.

Anyway comments and suggestions appreciated :)

22497033-O.jpg

This is a really lovely shot and gives a whole new meaning to the title. I suppose it wasn't what I was expecting when I opened it.

As far as critiquing goes, I really can't see anything wrong with it. The composition, contrast and exposure look spot on to me. Excellent work.

i really like this one. i also like the 2nd ones. but i like this one the best.they have a really good feal.
keep going with the series!
laura

Technically, the shots are beautiful. However, (isn't there always a however?) I wonder if you might not get a more effective finish if you "cheated" the set up a bit. A few pins or tape, a washcloth and EUREKA!! You have the little lost teddy bear cuddling a security blanket in the wilds. Hey, if I had come up with this great idea I would not be above it. ;-)

Thanks for the comments people. I would like to print it up but where would you hang it? The bear (now in my daughter's possession), belonged to my wife when she was young. Putrid Bear, as i call him is filthy, stinky and well worn but i dare not toss it as the cost of divorce is too high and i'd never get that D70 :)

with shots this good, who needs a D70? i agree, there really isn't much to advise you on. nice shot!

Thanks JM. I am busting to get my DSLR as the 3yo, 3.2MP Olympus just doesn't give me the flexibility or the print size i desire these days. True it's been a great camera and will be kept as the backup/parties/in car camera but I want more :)

well, i have to agree with you on the Olympus quality statement. i had a 2020 then a 5050, now we have a 5060 that IMO will out shoot a lot of DSLR's. i shoot a D70 and i know you'll be happy once you get it.

Normaly a blade of grass would bother me going through the subject, but here it works well. The low angle is perfect for it. I am desperatly looking to find something to improve upon , but nada. Conversion is great.

i really can't find anything to improve at all in your shot. the little bear "pops" perfectly against the dark contrast of the tree behind it and all the foreground grass works wonderfully for this shot.

the only quibble i can even remotely think of is that it'd be nice to have a little more definition in the dark contrasting tree... it's almost completely black on my monitor and lacks texture. but regardless it still works well enough because of the white bear.

great shot.

Thanks everyone. I didn't think it would get such good comments, but i guess everyone is critical of their own work. The tree could do with some definition but was blackened by a bushfire that went through a couple of years back.

Most reactions

Back