weepete

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.petecrawford.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Out fishing today and spotted the sun setting behind some trees on a hill during a heavy shower of rain, making it look like they were on fire. Coudn't resist a quick shot! One of the great things about my hobby is that you get to see sights you wouldn't normally be there for.

Ablaze by wee_pete, on Flickr

Out fishing today and spotted the sun setting behind some trees on a hill during a heavy shower of rain, making it look like they were on fire. Coudn't resist a quick shot! One of the great things about my hobby is that you get to see sights you wouldn't normally be there for.

Ablaze by wee_pete, on Flickr
At first glance it does look like there is a forest fire.

Which hobby, fishing, photography, or both? Nice shot, love the fiery looking glow.

Which hobby, fishing, photography, or both? Nice shot, love the fiery looking glow.
Oh, I meant fishing gets me out at unusual times and places. I try to plan my photography trips, so I'm more likely to hit decent weather, whereas with fishing I'll be out in all but the worst conditions for an extended period of time anyway.

The weather here can be very unpredictable, and often fleeting. The conditions for this shot only stuck around for about 5 min, then the shower passed, and it lost a bit of the magic through clearer conditions.

That is very nicely caught! Certainly does make it look like an inferno.
Thanks Jeff! yeah, I'm suprised it worked as well as it did considering the heavy rain and it's the first "creative" shot that I've managed from my cell phone camera that I've been pretty happy with using the 10x zoom lens. I might even see if I can clean it up a little in post.

-

What… again? And I thought the season was over! :encouragement:
😉 Our wildfire season tends to be in the spring, it's far too wet in October for anything to really catch. Our hill farmers do some muir burning (controlled burning of heather) around that time of year and it can be pretty dry around February/March, the past few years have saw a few take hold because it's been so dry.

That is a very nice image - as you say almost fire like in appearance :)

well caught

Les :)

That is a very nice image - as you say almost fire like in appearance :)

well caught

Les :)
Thanks Les! Something I need to do more of is honing in on some smaller shots, I've a habit of looking for the big vistas, and can overlook shots like this if I'm not paying attention

Most reactions

Back