about print 4x6 with a 10MP resolution

Certainly could be a color space mismatch problem.

how should i approach them when asking about colorspace they use?....i'm not familiar in this area....still learning

i guess if colorspace is solve....then calibration only max a small difference rigth?...or for average eyes...it is still obvious difference?

You probably want to use ICC profiles either provided by the lab or you might find them listed here: http://www.drycreekphoto.com/icc/

i guess i'll need some time to read up how to use the profile and set it up.....never done it before...haha......but i do understand what color space is luckily :D

this profile thingy seems rather complex to setup?....or they paragraphs are just long?....lol....markc...can you provide a brief sequence of what i need to do?...like

1)..set up monitor profile with calibration
2) open image on photoshop and setup its profile and save

something like this...i'm figure out the steps in achieving them?......thanks in advance

You should calibrate your monitor. That stands on it's own.
Install the lab's ICC (right click should give you that option, if I remember right). You can now use it to proof your image. If you turn proofing on, you will see how the image will look when printed on their printer (or at least close to it).

I think it's going to depend on what software and version you are using, so you should check your manual or Google.

What if you want to make a print bigger than 4x6? You really want to go back and re-convert the raw file for every print?

You make a good point, though I have few pictures at this time that I want bigger than 4x6. When I process my photos I look for ones I want in different sizes and do the crops all in one session. I have 3 folders, one for 4x6, one for 5x7 and one for 8x10. I have no use right now for non-standard sizes (ratios, whatever). I'm still very much a beginner. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back