? about printing HDR's

MisplacedAngler

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
If you wanted to print an HDR for your portfolio, do they look as good as they do on the monitor when done properly?

I guess that would depend on the type of printer you are trying to print with whether it’s inkjet vs toner based and what they’re gamma range is for the color, loading the icc profile helps.
I print all my stuff using a hp color inkjet CD055A and no profiles are loaded or anything and they come out fine. I can see the colors are not as vibrant as the monitor but they are pretty good.
But if I want to truly match the image and print out the image with true match of color or a canvas well then I have access to an EFI-E7100 Fiery that’s connected to a Ricoh C4500.

As mentioned for the most part the image will print out fine as the printer will do the rgb to cmyk conversion you should be good.

I've printed off a few of mine and have gotten good results. I'm not sure about consumer level printers, I have mine printed at Sam's Club.

Same goes for any image that has processing.

If its well done, if the settings are right, if you are getting it printed on a good printer (whether at home or at a lab), then there should be no reason for it to come out bad

Most reactions

New Topics

Back