Absolutely in LOVE with this shot what do you guys think?

DSLR noob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was shooting cars at a meet Saturday night and I just can't stop staring at this picture.

2ndgenS5.jpg

Anything (other than cleaning the taillight) would make it better?

I know this is a critique forum but,

why do you like this photo ?

Its easy to pull apart, but difficult to be constructive at the same time, unless there is some background/intent, to measure your achievement.

My instant thought was....very little, but theres nothing to go on, it always seems a little unfair to critique this type of shot, which obviously means more to you than to a casual passing critique arsehole like me.

It seems like the focal point is the "MAZDA" logo, and it is way underexposed

I agree. To me there is nothing to the shot, Mazda is underexposed and slightly out of focus. also the tail iend of this car is nothing exotic,maybe the same shot on an lamborguihni (spelled wrong) or ferrari would be nicer but to me this shot really has nothing to it, maybe a car fanatic would be think differently though,to each his own.

Meh, it is my favorite car, and folks on the Mazda forum are crazy about it idk, maybe this is the wrong place and as a stand alone photo, it's nothing.

Meh, it is my favorite car, and folks on the Mazda forum are crazy about it idk, maybe this is the wrong place and as a stand alone photo, it's nothing.

Nope, its not wrong to seek critique for a photo you took.
Don't go to Mazda owners club forums for photo critique, they're clearly bonkers, they'll tell you its the dogs ******** and expect you to retire on the proceeds.
Back in the real world, where fuzzy boot lids don't cut the custard, you can get an honest, relatively un-biased opinion and help on how to improve you photography.
Mazda < Photography

I'm actually not sure how real this real world is btw:confused:

good idea for photo but the car isnt something to look at. a better subject could produce better results

What is it that you love about this photo?

Incidentally, I don't think it's underexposed at all.

Well, with the very narrow field of focus, it is difficult to tell whether the lack of detail in the dark areas is due to underexposure or poor depth of field. I would probably say both.

skieur

I agree it's too dark.
The major problem I see though, is that you have focused on the M with the lens wide open. If you wanted to shoot wide open, (which is how I shoot most times), you want to focus on the Z instead of the M.
Hope that helps.
BTW-I like the colors here.

Most reactions

Back