Abstract art using smoke

Doesn't Nikon have wireless flash capability built in? (One nice plus for Nikon...)

If your camera has a PC connection, PC cords are cheap. It seems that most digital bodies don't have them though...

There's always the Hong Kong wireless triggers. I got mine for $25 on amazon (from Cowboy Studios). They're cheap, but I have never had a single problem as long as the receiver had fresh batteries.

Doesn't Nikon have wireless flash capability built in? (One nice plus for Nikon...)

If your camera has a PC connection, PC cords are cheap. It seems that most digital bodies don't have them though...

There's always the Hong Kong wireless triggers. I got mine for $25 on amazon (from Cowboy Studios). They're cheap, but I have never had a single problem as long as the receiver had fresh batteries.

Funny thing, I have a off camera cord coming from Hong-Kong that should come in in the coming days. I also have a wireless trigger coming up!
Wireless flash capability built-in? Really? I'll have to look into my manual. I shot with a Quarantay flash though, I'm not sure if it needs to be Nikon. I'll read about it.

Once again, thanks

CLS? I think that's what you Nikon guys call it. :lol:

Nice Images.... but why in #2 does it look like their is a person holding something in the lower right hand corner?
Thanks.

In #2, the lower right hand corner is technically black (R-0, G-0, B-0) so I guess you're seeing things that aren't there.

Humm.... I still see something their, and no i'm not on anything. Some funky coloring that i'm seeing. Looks like you did some cloning or editing to it and forgot that little section. This time i'm on a different computer screen and i'm still seeing it.

I don't see it either...

Very cool Keith! Could you give noobs like me an idea on how to do that? Lens & light setup and general technique? I'd love to give that a try!! Sounds like fun!
Awesome shots, simple but so nice!:D
I had a pretty good idea how to do it, but to verify my precepts and save some trial and error time, why not do what I did, an internet search.

how to make photos of smoke - Bing=

Humm.... I still see something their, and no i'm not on anything. Some funky coloring that i'm seeing. Looks like you did some cloning or editing to it and forgot that little section. This time i'm on a different computer screen and i'm still seeing it.
;) Ok. :thumbup:

As far as how Keith did #3, I'd like to know too, lol!
#3 was made with a black background.

In Photoshop, I made an Invert adjustment layer (or, you can make a 'Curves' adjustment layer and in the 'Curves' drop down box select Negative). Then I made a new layer with a 'Color' blending mode. Picked a soft edged brush, picked a foreground color and painted it where I wanted that color.

I made a new layer for each color I choose and each layer had the blending mode set to 'Color'.

I lowered the opacity of each color layer.

As far as how Keith did #3, I'd like to know too, lol!
#3 was made with a black background.

In Photoshop, I made an Invert adjustment layer (or, you can make a 'Curves' adjustment layer and in the 'Curves' drop down box select Negative). Then I made a new layer with a 'Color' blending mode. Picked a soft edged brush, picked a foreground color and painted it where I wanted that color.

I made a new layer for each color I choose and each layer had the blending mode set to 'Color'.

I lowered the opacity of each color layer.

Thanks for the step-by-step description. That totally answered my question, now it's time to see if the student can surpassed the master ;) right... I doubt it will happen, but I'm hoping for good results.
Thanks for the inspiration

Most reactions

New Topics

Back