Abstract Building

Kanthaka

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So I was floating down the river (on a tour boat) when I saw this weird building and decided to take a shot of it. Never took photos at night before and this would be my first ever "cityscape" shot. I was originally gonna delete this because it just looked odd but it kinda grew on me. Then I decided to use it as my first photo to "fix". And by "fix" what I mean is, I pressed random buttons in PhotoShop. :blushing: I tried getting as much of the glare from the light off as best I could but there's still a lot imo.

$IMG_0390 BW LB.jpg

Are you in Chicago? If those are the buildings I think they are, they're luxury condos. The House of Blues is just under them.

They are definitely identifiable as buildings so I would not call it abstract at all.

The way I've learned photoshop is thru photos like this. Badly shot (no offense) and tried to fix them, I'll pick up a tutorial on youtube or etc on how to fix a specific issue with the image. Then I know how to apply it to other images in my library. Ie the buildings here are tilted back- I just figured out this week how to fix that sort of thing to make them straight and tall

Are you in Chicago? If those are the buildings I think they are, they're luxury condos. The House of Blues is just under them.

Yeah, I didn't get to have a good look at them but I did see a lot of cars so I thought it was just an odd parking lot.

They are definitely identifiable as buildings so I would not call it abstract at all.

Ok, point taken. But, to me and my imagination, it kinda looks like a corn on the cob. :p Maybe abstract wasn't the correct term to use. I just wanted to say "Weird Looking Building" except in a more "elegant" way. Obviously, I failed. Thank you for pointing that out. :D

The way I've learned photoshop is thru photos like this. Badly shot (no offense) and tried to fix them, I'll pick up a tutorial on youtube or etc on how to fix a specific issue with the image. Then I know how to apply it to other images in my library. Ie the buildings here are tilted back- I just figured out this week how to fix that sort of thing to make them straight and tall

Well, I'm gonna go ahead and think that I'm going in the right direction then. Know which shots look terrible and try to fix it with PhotoShop - check. Now for me to actually search this up on YouTube and apply it. :thumbup:

Yeah, I didn't get to have a good look at them but I did see a lot of cars so I thought it was just an odd parking lot.

Ok, point taken. But, to me and my imagination, it kinda looks like a corn on the cob. :p Maybe abstract wasn't the correct term to use. I just wanted to say "Weird Looking Building" except in a more "elegant" way. Obviously, I failed. Thank you for pointing that out. :D

Well, I'm gonna go ahead and think that I'm going in the right direction then. Know which shots look terrible and try to fix it with PhotoShop - check. Now for me to actually search this up on YouTube and apply it. [emoji106]
The other thing to note is sometimes a learning experience; although worthwhile to you, may not be worth sharing to the world except as a learning experience for someone else ;)

The other thing to note is sometimes a learning experience; although worthwhile to you, may not be worth sharing to the world except as a learning experience for someone else ;)

I didn't post this photo to merely share it. I want CnC. I want to know what I could have done better when taking the actual picture and when I was fixing it in PhotoShop. That is how I learn. ;)

Last edited:
Pretty unique looking buildings for sure! Decent shot :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back