GerryDavid

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
medium.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/image/34944816
1/6s f/8.2 at 6.0mm iso100

Please tell me what you do and dont like about this picture. I know there is alot of "blown" out areas but that was intentional.

Also if you want to guess what I did in photoshop or didnt do, go ahead. :0)

i think you have an interesting image but your PS treatment is too harsh! i like the composition. do you have an original to work with?

as far as guessing what you did in PS; i would say you screwed up? :?

Hi Gerry; just my opinion, but this kind of PS manipulation can only really make YOU happy - so if it does, go for it. :D Does that make sense?? But to me it's too harsh, blown out, the colors rendered meaningless, so therefore the image itself is rendered meaningless. Which is a shame, because I'm sure the original scene is quite lovely on its own. :wink:

I'm with jadin on this one. I really like ite inverse. Check it out if you haven't tried it yet.

Here is the original.

medium.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/image/34944817

*if the image doesnt load, it may in a day or so, pbase is being weird lately*.

The only photoshopping I did to the image displayed at the beginning of this thread was some slight levels adjusting, and some saturating to bring out more of the colors.

I came accross this scene on a bright day but I didnt have time to wait around 5 hours for the sun to set to get a longer exposure that would have resulted in a correct exposure. I wanted to do the long exposure on the small water fall and I knew most of the picture would be blown but I just wanted to see what I would get if I tried.

Jadin, I did the inverse and it did look interesting, I just didnt care for the look of the water. Ill play with it some more in photoshop to see what I can come up with, with the inverse.

jon, its hard to screw up in photoshop considering I didnt create the effect in ps. :0)

Terri, a few people like it, but I know not everyone will. I just thought it was an interesting result/image.

Ill post another picture of this scene when I get a chance, that was taken to have a more proper exposure, the composition isnt that great since I had it resting on the side of a bridge *not sure why I did that now, it was bright enough to hand hold*.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

GerryDavid said:
Also if you want to guess what I did in photoshop or didnt do, go ahead. :0)

I mentioned PS because you referenced it in your original post. Hope you figure it out!

Hehe, I just asked people to guess what I did to see what they would come up with. Doesnt mean I actually did anything, well other than levels and saturation.

Most reactions

Back