Abstract.

lemonwedge

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, im new to the forum. Im 14 years old and have only started photography in the last month or so. I like taking photos that are as different as possible to others i have seen. A photo compitition is running in my area for my age group and so thought id give it a go. my photo is below. could anybody maybe edit it a little, maybe borders etc or my name (jordan stocks). anything that you believe would make it better. even general feedback would be great. cheers -Jordan-

deamon.jpg

hey, nice to have another teenager here :) great pic, it works well....

Welcome to TPF

intersting idea. Gives off a slightly emo vibe. Um what I don't like is that the subject is centered. the Photo would be more interesting if you followed the rule of thirds. Also the background seems slightly soft. Perhaps using a higher arpeture might have helped? angle is kind of boring too. What would be cool, is a really low angle so you are looking up at the picture. Try it out. I am also a teenager so yeah... there are 3 of us here.

i will disagree with nochance, one there are lots of teens here (including me). the rule of thirds is really good, for me to poop on. that rule is too basic to really say it makes composition better. seriously, go out and buy kodaks book on how to take a good picture, read it. then throw it away and break every rule in it, then you'll do alright.

next, i think a high angle would be nice, the water is nice with the rocks etc. too much sky imo, go for the detail in an image, if there isn't a great sky, but theres lots of detail elsewhere then i think that much sky is . . . sub par. in fact i think it would be cool to see without any sky, just lake.

but then again thats just my opinion

Ummm... what did you do besides the border :confused:

kiddn, nice shot. I like the conveyed emo. You're off to a WAAAAY better start than me, and at the right time. I just started getting interested about 2 yrs ago, when I was 27. I'm sure it'll be easier for you at that age, Good Luck!

Heya Jordan, welcome to ThePhotoForum!
This is a very nice photo ... does it happen to even be a self-portrait?
I like how the water splashed about your feet/the feet of the person walking out into the lake. Sweet light you waited for to get this frame! The skin takes up a lovely orange glow as opposed to the blue of both water and sky. The colours come out a bit more in ckrieg's edition. Well done.

Nice one guys, thanks a lot. I dont really know that much about photography at the mo, its more of a kinda point and shoot just now. i'll get my hands on sum books nd stuff. hopefully i'll have more pics up soon.

Well, if "point and shoot" already leads to pictures such as this one then I must say that you "have got the eye"!

Well, I had nothing to do, so I fuxxed around with it too.

deamonrn6.jpg

Most reactions

Back