Acadia National Park - Bass Harbor Lighthouse

Landtank

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A shot I took a few months ago on a trip to Acadia in Maine. Knocked this photo spot off of my bucket list.
xKVTfUR.jpg

Beautiful photo. What's next on the photo bucket list?

Thanks! For now either Brooklyn Bridge park at dusk or the Ben Franklin Bridge in Philly. I do have plans to get to Shenandoah in the Spring as well.

Cool, I'm heading there this summer. I wasn't sure if I should attempt this shot because I assumed it would be shoulder to shoulder with photogs at sunrise and sunset. Any tips you can offer would be appreciated.

Nicely done.

Cool, I'm heading there this summer. I wasn't sure if I should attempt this shot because I assumed it would be shoulder to shoulder with photogs at sunrise and sunset. Any tips you can offer would be appreciated.

I took this in May and I was the only one there. It was cloudy all day but I figured I'd try it anyways and I'm pretty happy with the shot.

Acadia is a beautiful place and Bar Harbor is a pretty cool town, lots of good seafood. You pretty much can't go wrong with any photo spots/hikes, though I do recommend the Precipice Trail or Bee Hive Trail.

I didn't have a tripod at the time so I had to use a rock, worked pretty well in the end. I'd recommend bringing neutral density filters so you can get some blur on the water, I wish I had some at the time personally.

I took this in May and I was the only one there. It was cloudy all day but I figured I'd try it anyways and I'm pretty happy with the shot.

Acadia is a beautiful place and Bar Harbor is a pretty cool town, lots of good seafood. You pretty much can't go wrong with any photo spots/hikes, though I do recommend the Precipice Trail or Bee Hive Trail.

I didn't have a tripod at the time so I had to use a rock, worked pretty well in the end. I'd recommend bringing neutral density filters so you can get some blur on the water, I wish I had some at the time personally.

While Acadia is truly beautiful, anyone going there should do their own research before trying either of the trails mentioned. Beehive, while rated I believe as an intermediate hike, is not for the feint of heart and you can't turn back - you must go forward. Precipice is also for experienced hikers only.

Acadia is one of my favorite places. I go every year. Nice shot of BHL. I almost slipped off one of those rocks a few years ago trying to get the perfect shot lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back