Acceptable noise?

PureRumble

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just want to hear what you have to say about these pictures. Do you think the quality is way too bad? I've tried to save what I can with noise reduction. I can go a bit further. But I just want to know if they are good as they are, or if they still are way too noisy.

shinyflywm8.jpg

imflyingimflygingkj5.jpg

Thx!

I'm curious as to what you mean you can go further? Can you make them sharper? If so, I'm curious to what they look like. IMHO, I like sharp images.

In your pictures, since the background is out of focus, I would only assume your subject be in the best focus possible.

I like your second shot.

Abel

I'm curious as to what you mean you can go further? Can you make them sharper? If so, I'm curious to what they look like. IMHO, I like sharp images.

In your pictures, since the background is out of focus, I would only assume your subject be in the best focus possible.

I like your second shot.

Abel

Thanks for quick reply. Do you think the pictures are noisy as they are right now, or is the grain that you can find in the pictures acceptable or even.... "artistic"?

Those grains in the picture make sharpening difficult. If I were to apply an unsharp mask those small grain-dots would be strengthened. Does anyone know how I can remove them?

Thx!

The bee seems to not be in focus which I feel is the main issue with the photo. I would say take the original duplicate the layer, apply a glausin blur to the new layer and then add a layermask to reveal just the background and leave the bee sharp.

The bee seems to not be in focus which I feel is the main issue with the photo. I would say take the original duplicate the layer, apply a glausin blur to the new layer and then add a layermask to reveal just the background and leave the bee sharp.

Hmm... sounds like the grains wouldnt cause any problems if I did so. You think I will be able to do so even if I use GIMP?

So none of you guys find the grains (don't know what to call them) as a issue?

Thx!

Honestly, viewing it on a monitor from about two feet away, I can't see much of the grain unless I put my face up to the monitor.

Most reactions

Back