Accidental purchase!!!!!

SnappingShark

Always learning.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Held back from buying an FX body.
Decided that my D7100 is perfectly fine for me right now.
It has a good shots per second, I have plenty of battery and SD-ness without having to invest in new (if I went D4, I'd only need a new grip if I went D800).

But anyway - I was walking along and I tripped and fell into CameraWorld.

I started looking at satchels, but ended up near the glass.

Uh oh!

Soooo I was going to wait until the 150mm - 600mm Tamron came out - but I played with the Sigma 150-500 on the counter and it ended up in my pocket (my pocket being a bag).

So, an accidental purchase.

I am looking forward to some great shots with it!!!! Looking to line up some good Safari wildlife deal they have on Groupon right now with lions, elephants and all sorts.

Moral of the story - only carry the cash you need for the day. Any excess will be spent.

I hear you, i buy stuff by accident all the time :(

At the rate Tamron is moving, that Sigma will be well-worn by the time the Nikon mount 150-600 is actually available. :lol:

As long as you get a good copy, you'll love that Sigma! That's what I've got. I've been planning to switch to the Tamron as soon as it came out, but I've about changed my mind. In fact, I just made my own lens purchase today--not accidental though. I've been looking for a good price on a Sigma or Tamron 70-200 f/2.8 lens, and today I found one at KEH, so I decided to go ahead and try it. It's the non-VC version, but it's also KEH, so if I don't like it, I'll just send it back.
If I *do* like it, then I'll probably hang with the Sigma 150-500 for another six months or so before making the switch to the Tamron. That'll give me time to see how others like it anyway.

The Sigma 150-500 mm is a sweet lens for the price.

I had 2 of them. We used them to shoot daytime field sports action.

LOL what a great story and congrats on a fantastic new lens.
150-500mm wow thats quite the telezoom, with the crop sensor on the D7100 you are looking at going up to 750mm, now thats impressive!!!

Weird - the manual focus is backwards to what I'm used to. This could be distracting!
Otherwise all appears good so far - my wife only laughed, rather than berate me for another lens purchase! ;)

Weird - the manual focus is backwards to what I'm used to. This could be distracting!
Otherwise all appears good so far - my wife only laughed, rather than berate me for another lens purchase! ;)

Yes, I have the same issue with my Sigma 17-70. It's annoying. Must be a Sigma thing.

I Love mine its getting me good results and the reach I need most of the time. Congrats on the accident. I just had a Accident on the WWW when I hit the order button of the Canon 6D FF.

I don't know about the aperture on the 150mm-600mm Tamron, how well does it do in low light?

I tripped and fell into Adorama.....and ended up buying a 14-24 f/2.8 g Nikor lens. I think my wife is going to put me out.....probably with a knockout punch.

A 12-step program works for me. I never get within 12 steps of a camera store's door...

You folks are so lucky to be near stores like B&H, the store near my house is like the only camera store and they charge 30% to 40% and sometimes 60% more for any lenses and other cameras and equipment. I have to wait with my thumbs twirling for a week till Amazon finally decides to bring me my shiny new lens! :lol: I think that's probably a good thing that there is a psychological barrier between me and the lenses.

You don't want to buy from Amazon anymore....you may have to pay taxes....they started charging state taxes now in NC. I shop at Adorama now.

You don't want to buy from Amazon anymore....you may have to pay taxes....they started charging state taxes now in NC. I shop at Adorama now.

I'm not sure how that works. In Belgium here we pay crazy taxes in stores, but never online. But my country tends to copy American laws a lot, which kind of makes me a bit uncomfortable.

Actually i may be mistaken. I buy all my stuff from Germany who pay the least taxes, i think i am paying taxes already, but it is still much less than my country.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back