Achieving Glossy Fashion look

lagiant

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I noticed that several photos on magazine and event sites have shots that look almost like they are glossy. How can I achieve this effect with my D70 (lens, flash)? I have a sigma 28-70 that I use, but nothing I took came out this softly. Thanks for any advice.

believe it or not most fashion photography still uses film, especially magazine shots.

Film? Still? I find that hard to believe.

It might be photoshops? *shrugs* I don't know what glossy look you're talking about. Do you know of an example? I'd love to get into fashion photography far into the future.

One of the ones I looked at I know is digital (no oil). I have an example. Is there a way to post it on this site?

I was at the event and there was no softbox. Color is very rich and almost glossy. Are there any event or glamor photographers who know how this is done and can be done with a Nikon D70?

That was just a decent off or above camera flash. Really nothing special. Yes it can be done with any decent camera, lens, flash combo.

I wouldn't really think of this as a great glamour/fashion look. Look at some Cosmo/Elle magazines, and then I would say that would be harder to duplicate, because of the studio and lighting set-up that is used.

I'm not getting the use of the word "glossy." I think all you're seeing is a decent exposure of an attractive subject. I can't really make any judgement on the optics at 72 dpi, but maybe a great lens?

Try some more adjectives. Maybe we can help more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back