ACK HELP Photoshop7

phox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So I was using PS6, and I just got PS7 (hand me down, cant afford CS)The only problem is the pictures get wierd tints on them when I use PS7 then print them out... My monitor is calibrated, PS6 prints them out beautifully, but as soon as I send the picture through PS7 Ill get wierd red tints or yellow tints. I have tried the adobe RGB, colormatch, and even the original profile from my Nikon D100, and nothing is working. The pictures look amazing on screen... But printed, they are color casted really funny. I use a Nikon D100, I shoot in RAW, I tried using CameraRaw but that screwed my prints up even more! Again, great on screen, but my reds would print out magenta, and yellows green, etc. Its not a printer problem, I mean PS6 doesnt screw the print up. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated... And also if you could help me fix my ACR problem as well, that would be great :D

Sounds like a color space issue to me. To keep things simple, I'd stick with sRGB.

What problem are you having with ACR?

Whenever I use ACR it screws up my printed colors even more... I have a picture of a rose with a vibrant red color, and when I print it it turns dark magenta, almost a deep purple.... My white cats have a very noticeable yellow/green hue... all in all it screws up all the colors of my prints. As I said before I have tried all the color spaces, including just using the one imbedded in the photo. I dunno, maybe Im doing something wrong...

Adobe Camera RAW is just the first step in the workflow (well not the first step, you have to take the photo first).

You open the RAW files with ACR, make any corrections or adjustments to the white balance or other options. From there, it converts the image to a format that can be used in Photoshop. Then, once you have the image into photoshop, you can do whatever you want.

I don't see the connection between ACR & printing.

Most reactions

Back