ACTION shots please help

arron06

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
im into my country sports and would love to capture some of the sport on camera.

i have just purchased a canon 400D and would like to take photos of the sport of lamping

it involves using a high powered lamp to aid in the pursuit of rabbits with a lurcher

of course its a lot of fash moving action and need help

what would be the best settings to capture this sport please help

:thumbup: :thumbup:

You'll definitely want a fast, autofocus (probably high-powered) zoom lens. Those can get very expensive, so action photography may not be exactly your thing if you're on a budget. I'm not familiar with the sport, but if you can get close, then all you'll need is a fast lens with decent magnification.

i have a canon USM zoom lens EF 80-200MM 1:4.5-5.6

how will this fair

cheers

The zoom sounds pretty good. I'm not so sure about the aperture. Is it safe to assume that this sport takes place at night? If so, you'll want a lens with as wide an aperture as possible (the smaller the number, the larger the aperture) and you might also want to get a flash.

It sounds difficult to shoot unless the shots are "set up". If the sport is a nighttime event you are dealing with low light and I guess fast action.,but if you use a flash you may spoil the "atmosphere" or mood of the image. When you consider a fast zoom lens such as a 70-200 f/2.8, it may be too heavy to hand hold for sharp images, which means you would need either a monpod,tripod or IS, The IS lens could put you in debt and the monopod or tripod may make it difficult to follow action. I am clueless about the sport, Just wanted to give you some things to think about.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back