adapter for lens'

herrkiser

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a quick question, my current lens is a 77mm diameter, is there any downside for getting adapters for any future lens' that are smaller so i can use my existing filters and hood? I realize that when using a filter/hood made for a smaller diameter that you will get some vignetting, but are there any drawbacks when you use one intended for a larger lens?

Just a quick question, my current lens is a 77mm diameter, is there any downside for getting adapters for any future lens' that are smaller so i can use my existing filters and hood? I realize that when using a filter/hood made for a smaller diameter that you will get some vignetting, but are there any drawbacks when you use one intended for a larger lens?
There is no downside for using big filters on smaller lenses, but an effective lens hood needs to be designed for each specific lens.

For using larger filters on smaller lenses you use a step-up ring adapter. It screws into the front of the smaller lens, then the larger filter gets put on the larger diameter step. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=step+rings&N=4291599900

Most reactions

New Topics

Back