Adapter question, Minolta to EOS EF

minicoop1985

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright, here's the question. I'm in need of a FAST prime lens with a great bokeh for focus separation on things like cars. I have a Minolta 50mm 1.7 Rokkor X (the manual focus, not the AF type, though I've got one of those laying around somewhere) and a 58mm 1.4 Rokkor PF that I'd like to use. I've been doing research on adapters, and I've found a couple options. One is the eBay $10 no-glass non-infinity type. That's mighty tempting. The other is a FotodioX with glass. I understand that the vast majority of infinity glass adapters are crap, but is this FotodioX any different? From what I understand, they're supposed to be better quality.

FotodioX Adapter for Minolta MD, MC, SR Rokkor Lens MD-EOS-G-DC

I'd love the idea of using them for infinity focus, but if that's junk, I'll save the $40 and go the eBay route. Thanks for the advice.

I'd give the Fotodiox a try. It does have a 1.4x multiplier effect too, which might/might not be a good thing for you. I saw they had one at $49, another at $39 without the chip in it.

Sweet. I'll do it. The 1.4x isn't an issue, really-might be a bit of a boon with some photos I want to take, like a car from the front centered in the track at Road America, lens WIDE open, thin enough DOF for the front to the roof, but nice bokeh after.

Screw it, I found a thin enough adapter that it will mount right up with no loss in IQ and still infinity focus (well, it should at smaller apertures at least). $17. That way I can find a nice wide angle too. I'll post results (of course, it's me) when I get it up and running.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back