Adding a Boarder?

leopardforest

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
How do people add borders around their photos? I have Lightroom and Photoshop but I don't think I can do it in LR but correct me if i am wrong, and I am not too familiar with Photoshop in this aspect.

I would like to add a black border around my photos with my name, but I want the picture to remain the same size. I don't want to have to crop the picture with the border. So picture the would be exported would actually be bigger in dimensions.

Can someone please help me out?

Thanks!!!

In short - don't. To some it looks amateurish. My 2 cents.

In short - don't. To some it looks amateurish. My 2 cents.

Im pretty sure he was asking how to do it not if it was going to look good or not. Anyways you can search on google for border tutorials in photoshop and that will bring up a lot its not very hard just dont really feel like posting the steps sorry i couldnt be more help.

Oh hell, I didn't know you had PS.

Select the layer your image is. Double click to unlock it if its locked. On the pallete below the layers, you will see an "fx" icon, click that to add a STROKE to the picture. Choose the size of the stroke, the color, and whether it is inside, outside or centered on your photo (inside looks the best).

And done.

As for the use of it - I find it helps to separate the picture from whatever forum background you use, as well as offering a place to put a watermark for those w/o the save to know how to cut around a picture (in case they wanted to steal it, which is the only reason for a watermark - and really, noones stealing some of these watermarked photos I see here - amirite folks! har har!).

Thanks! That was exactly what I was looking for, I guess I didnt look hard enough! Thanks again.

Here is what I was trying to do:

Please comment!

2106097384_478e198d2c_b.jpg

Oh I thought you were asking about renting a room out.....
you know boarders.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back