Additions to my Equipment

sdgmusic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sean-degroote.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am going on a trip to the Caribbean and I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions of any extras I could pick up to make our memories better.

I currently own:
Fuji FinePix S5200
Veblon Tripod (very good)
Lens Hood
UV Filter
Circular Polarizer Filter
Cross Screen Filter

I understand that there are add on lenses that I can get for my camera.

Any suggestions on other filters or add-on lenses?

They do have 'add on' lenses for many digi-cams but they usually aren't of the best quality. However, I'd be temped to get a wide angle adaptor.

The circular polarizer will be your best friend and the lens hood is great too. Maybe a waterproof housing/bag so you can get into and under the water.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. It's only going to reduce the quality of your images, you might as well just crop the images later if you can't get as close as you would like. Your money is probably better spent on more memory etc.

You are going to get distortion and loose image quality...we are talking about a fairly cheap adaptor for a fixed lens camera. If you really want great quality images, get a camera with a much larger sensor (like a DSLR) and a true wide angle lens.

Usually I recommend that people avoid the adaptors all together...however, I can see where a wide angle can be beneficial, even at the expense of image quality. It's up to you to decide what is most important for your photos.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back