Adelaide City - Night Shot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photoparsec.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
SG101138.jpg

Well this was my first attempt using my tripod.

Manufacturer SAMSUNG TECHWIN Co.
Model SAMSUNG GX10
Orientation of image Normal
Software used GX10 Ver 1.00
File change date/time 2007:10:05 22:57:19
Y and C positioning Co-Sited
Exposure time 8
F number 5.6
Exposure program Manual
ISO speed ratings 100
Exposure bias 0
Metering mode Multi
Flash Flash off
Lens focal length 55
Color space information sRGB
Valid image width 3872
Valid image height 2592
Exposure mode Manual
White balance Manual WB
Focal length in 35 mm film 82
Scene capture type Standard
Sharpness Normal

A few critiques. First, the shot is not sharp. Second, the ideal night landscape shot is when you are able to retain details in all areas in the shot. Which in this case, there are many luminosity clippings (lost of details).

What you can do next time? Get a strong and sturdy tripod. Shoot on f11-f16 and longer exposure. If you wanna get night shots, shoot during the "golden time". (twilight) So you can get abit of colours in the sky and some light to illuminate the foreground. If the contrast is still too high, you might need to make a HDR shot.

I think the main problem here is the scene you chose to snap. You'll improve on your techniques as you go along, but for me, I just don't know what you're trying to show. Why all those trees are there in the foreground? Are they supposed to lend something to the photo? Are you looking to take pictures of buildings at night or trees illuminated by street lamps? Putting the two together won't work well for genuine night photography. Planning your scene is half the picture, be careful about what you decide put on film.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back