Adobe Bridge RAW load-up

I

Iron Flatline

Hi all.

When I view RAW images for the first time in Adobe Bridge (before I process them) Bridge seems to do a little dance where it shows me my images one way, and then jumps to a totally different version of the image. Which is which? Is the first glimpse the way I exposed and the final view the data the way Bridger recommends? Or more likely the other way around.

Why do I get to see one version of my image, followed by a slightly different one?

Any ideas?

That's my understanding of it, that the first view is as it came out of the camera and then it switches to the corrections that the program uses as defaults. When you open the actual image you can set it back to the original settings and adjust it to your liking.

I found that when Bridge opens it does a conversion according to Camera Raw settings. My solution was to negate the CR effects both in CR and Bridge, “Clear Camera Raw Settings” and in CR….un check the “Use Auto Adjustments”

Hope this helps.

When you have the Camera Raw window open you can go to the little horizontal arrow next to "Settings: Camera Raw Defaults", and choose "Save Settings" to have it start out with whatever combination of auto/manual you want (set them for the image you have open).

EDIT: Actually use "Save new camera raw defaults" instead of "save settings".

Most reactions

Back