Adobe CS3 Help Please

bigalbest

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sandphotos.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few days ago I was contacted by a publisher to do a cover photo for a magazine and they specified needing a large file size. I currently shoot with a Canon 5D and at 12 MP they weren't sure the files would be large enough for their needs, so I rented a 1DS MarkIII for the shoot. After taking some really nice shots on this and several other jobs I finally get a chance to load the memory card onto my computer this afternoon and can't open the raw files. I am using a Macintosh G5 with Adobe CS3 and have never had this problem before. I tried downloading updates and they completely froze the Bridge browser application. I uninstalled and then re-installed the software and it works fine for opening previous raw, photoshop and jpeg files but still wont open the MarkIII raw files. I've been through this process twice now and can't think what else to do. Has anyone had this problem before? I'm really stressed about this and could really use some help, any ideas?

Have you updated the Adobe Raw Converter?
It will need the latest version to support the files from that cam.

Well you can use either "Genuine Fractal 5" or "Alienskin Blowup" to make them as big as you need without having to use the markIII.

As for opening the files I suggest getting Adobe's free stand-alone DNG converter - then there's about 100 different apps that will load it.

When you DL it it will come with the newest version of Adobe CameraRAW too. ;)

Thanks Bifurcator, I just talked to Adobe technical support this afternoon and was able to download their camera raw update for Macintosh. You actually have to trash the old file before you can replace it with the new one, and that's what was screwing me up. The folder can be found (it's different on a PC) by opening Photoshop and clicking Photoshop>about plugin...>and there's a couple more folders to open from there. Yikes, had me scrambling there for a while but everything is golden again. :lmao:

Well you got it that's the important bit! You gonna share or discuss the cover photo you're doing? Or are you not allowed to?

Well you got it that's the important bit! You gonna share or discuss the cover photo you're doing? Or are you not allowed to?

Nothing big, just a community directory for a local newspaper but after it gets published I'll post it here. The pictures turned out great and the MarkIII was well worth the trouble. The range of the sensor is better than anything else I have tested and I seriously can't wait until I own one of these amazing cameras. Still have other equipment to buy first (like a nice light kit), so it will probably be a while.

I'm glad you got it worked out, but I was surprised to here they said the shots out of the 5D were not going to work out. I have a 5D and I'd be upset after spending that kind of money to hear someone say it's not acceptable.

Most reactions

Back