Adobe Encore CS5 Issues

rexbobcat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have some DVD rips that I need to burn to other DVDs so that they can be played on a DVD player. They were burnt onto the first DVD as a data disc so it would only play on computers.

Well, I've been messing around with Adobe Encore, and I have my Menu and video files imported. Everything seems to work great until I try to burn to DVD.

If I try to burn directly to the DVD it'll read my disc for a little bit and then spit it out and say "Please insert disc..." even though the DVD in the drive is cleanly formatted.

So I've tried instead to export it as a DVD image, but when I do it starts transcoding and takes foreeevvverrrr and even then it fails at the end. I don't understand why it wants to transcode though, because the videos are already in NTSC DVD format. Does anybody know how to make this stupid program work?

When you say they are already in "NTSC DVD" format what exactly do you mean? What CODEC are they in? Are they Quicktime movies? Do burn a DVD with Encore or Apple's DVD Studio Pro, you'll need 2 files for each video.... an MPG2 (.mv2) and an audio file. The audio files can be any number of file formats. If you have room on the disc, you can make them AIFFs or you can compress them into .ac3 files.

Does that help?

Most reactions

Back