Adobe Lightroom .. Tips Anyone???

zendianah

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.zenphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Who can share some tips with me on Adobe Lightroom?

I downloaded the free trial.. MAN is that cool. I love the program...

Dependiing on you're set up here are a few things I am doing to ease my workflow...

1. I use PC and Mac's here so I have my library on an external drive, and thankfully both platforms can read the library file (also the images are on the same drive) so I can move from machine to machine without having to worry about sync issues.

2. Learn the shortcuts and set-up the display to full screen and hide the panels (hit F twice, and TAB to hide panels)...seems weird at first but it is great to see the images full screen without distractions.

3. If you have not already....calibrate you're display, the print module is excellent when you're display is calibrated correctly...I use an Epson R1800 and the print to screen is pretty close.

4. Keywords, Keywords, Keywords....use em because the folder structure approach is great for laying out images on the drive but searching is by far the quickest way to find what you are looking for.

That's just my little notes, personally I love the App and have chosen it over Aperture (mostly due to DNG support and cross platform).

Regards,
Peter Witham

Most reactions

New Topics

Back