Adobe Lightroom

THORHAMMER

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Anyone tried it yet ?

I just got a copy of 1.0 and I absolutely love it. This is what I have been asking for a long time !! Adobe gets it !!!

I think it will save me 30-40% of my processing time from doing simple mundane things in PS that are more quickly done in LR.

Also, you can go from raw to web gallery directly from your raw edits, this is invaluable for proofs of an event or wedding, saves a lot of time. The slider system is a lot faster then the drop down menus in PS, I would still use PS for certain things, but those are only 10% of the time.

Anyone else used it yet ?

I've been using it since it came out... love it love it love it! It's a REAL time saver and as you mentioned the web gallery alone is worth the price!

is it able to do lens corrections yet? and spot healing? noise ninja or neat image noise reduction?

if not, I'm not going to switch yet ... -i love the look and feel of the early versions though, so it is tempting. but currently i guess it would just break my workflow.

i am using bibble at the moment ... for me it is the best raw workflow software ... but that is for my personal workflow..

I've heard some good things about bibble... I should try it out sometime. I really enjoy being able to go between lightroom and PS quickly... but the noise reduction is a good thing.

I'm curious about final output - does bibble allow you to output wed galleries or would you need a third party program?

I've heard some good things about bibble... I should try it out sometime. I really enjoy being able to go between lightroom and PS quickly... but the noise reduction is a good thing.

I'm curious about final output - does bibble allow you to output wed galleries or would you need a third party program?

even though i am a bibble-holic and really addicted to it (tested lightroom0.x, breeze browser and all the others, even aperture) .. i have to admit that its web galleries are very poor ... the photokina special on my webpage is done with the bibble web gallery feature ... have a look to decide for yourself.

also it sometimes creates a strangely coloured one pixel line at the bottom of my output jpegs, which is a bug. but people at bibble labs do respond to bug reprorts, so i will try to convince them to fix this ;)

i also like that bibble comes for windows, mac and linux.

Yeah, if I needed to spot heal, or apply severe noise removal, Ill be going into PS anyways.. but as a bridge replacement that can do 80% of what I need to do to get a shoot prepped for an art director its pretty darn cool..

I have also heard great things abour bibble,

im going to check it out as well !!!! thanks for the tip...

BTW, I just learned I can also export from LR just like in bridge. I didnt think I could ... lol only been on it for 3 hours...

you can get a free trial of the pro version for 2 weeks on their site

I absolutly hate lightroom 1.0, but I can't live without Lightroom Beta 4!

I turn my system clock back a year just so I can still run the Beta. The black and white chanel mixer in 1.0 is just FUBAR.

I was going ballistic over the new grayscale mixer becuase I cannot get the same results that I was getting in the Beta no matter what I do. In the beta, if I moved any individual channel slider, It would shift the tones evenly. In 1.0, I see pixelation and a whole bunch of other junk. Here's an example of what I mean and this was done just by shifting all channels to -50% in both versions except for the red channel which is at 100% (in both versions).

This is direct from the RAW file, except for for the grayscale mixing:

BETA
1.jpg

2.jpg

See how ugly that is?

-50% grayscale in 1.0 doesn't even match -50% in the Beta?! :madass::angry1::soapbox:

This is the only reason I still use the Beta, Keystoning, cloning, dodging, burning, I don't mine having to still go into PS to do that, as long as I can stillget good results instead of the crap above.

I just learned something else,

I can shoot tethered and apply settings after the first shot that I like,

it will apply those settings as new shots are imported .

If your shooting catalog work and an art editor is watching, you can see

the proper develop settings as you shoot and they pop up ....

kinda cool,.

Thorhammer, you can shoot tethered in Lightroom? I have been doing that a lot and was told that Bibble was one of the few programs that could do that.

quote-"Here's an example of what I mean and this was done just by shifting all channels to -50% in both versions except for the red channel which is at 100% (in both versions). "

I believe that in channel mixer all of the channels should add up to 100%--Lenny

Most reactions

Back