Adobe Question

terryanderson2541

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Have the Adobe 6 photoshop and it is locking up. Can't afford the CS5. What update or other photoshop program should I go to?

I use CS3 but have Elements on a second pc and it is just about as good for normal use as full PS in my opinion.

If you can't afford CS5 ( or CS 4 ) your best best would probably be Lightroom 3. While still a little pricey, its highly touted as being the next best thing for photographers.

Have the Adobe 6 photoshop and it is locking up. Can't afford the CS5. What update or other photoshop program should I go to?

Many people have a device that they never even come close to using its potential. It is like the guy who owns a 1972 Corvette and never drives it over 65 mph. You really need to identify what you actually used the old one for. PS elements might be the realistic replacement that suits you just fine.

I would agree on what are your needs? I don't use Adobe anything and am contemplating whether or not to go that route and if I do which one to get. I've read up on Lightroom 3 and it seems to be good for most of what I do. But then I read about CS5 and think it has some WOW factor but do I need it and would Elements do.

So to answer your question there's a lot of less expensive programs and even free programs that may suit your needs. You can download the free ones to see if they're all you need.

Do you mean PS6 (Adobe Photoshop 6, released September, 2000) or PSE6 (Adobe Photoshop Elements 6, released October, 2007).

If you have a software application that is 'locking up', it may just mean your computer's registry could stand to be cleaned up.

Photoshop Lightroom is parametric, and cannot edit pixels. Photographers that have Lightroom also need an application, like Photoshop CS or Elements, that can edit pixels.

Upgrade your ram, download crap cleaner, run it weekly, defrag your system, weekly, run a decent anti-spyware program, apart from the ram all others are free on the web. PS6 is still a massive program and has the functionality of any other version of PS, it might just take a little longer to accomplish the same tasks, go to Blackvipers site and tweak your OS, most crashing problems are caused by the sources I've mentioned, computers get full of crap/slow down, get rid of it with these programs or do a reformat and fresh install, get your puter running right and PS6 will be fine. H

Most reactions

Back