Adobe software

Inlights

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.inlights.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As a Mac user I opted for Aperture software. Now that I bought a new camera I would like to upgrade my software as well. I have decided to use Adobe sofware, the only problem is I don't know which program to start with or what they all do. What is the difference between Elements and Lightroom and do I really need Photoshop?

Last edited:
What are you planing to do with them ?

You can get a 30 days trial license to try them from the Adobe web site.

As a Mac user I opted for Aperture software. Now that I bought a new camera I would like to upgrade my software as well. I have decided to use Adobe sofware, the only problem is I don't know which program to start with or what they all do. What is the difference between Elements and Lightroom and do I really need Photoshop?
Elements is basically Photoshop "Light.". Lightroom Is Adobe's competing product to Aperture. Lightroom does a great job of organizing, cataloging, and enhancing/retouching photos. If you need/want the ability to alter or materially change photos, you want Photoshop.

WhiskeyTango said:
Elements is basically Photoshop "Light.". Lightroom Is Adobe's competing product to Aperture. Lightroom does a great job of organizing, cataloging, and enhancing/retouching photos. If you need/want the ability to alter or materially change photos, you want Photoshop.

Can you use LR and elements together?

Yes you can.

Element will not process RAW files directly tho. You will have to covert your image to jpeg using LR or Element's RAW module.

Yes you can.

Element will not process RAW files directly tho. You will have to covert your image to jpeg using LR or Element's RAW module.
Element's Camera Raw will indeed process Raw files directly, but because Elements is a consumer version of Photoshop, it's Camera Raw is de-featured.

By the way it's Photoshop Elements, Photoshop Lightroom, and Photoshop CS5.

Elements has about 30% of CS5's features, functions, and capabilites.
Lightroom was designed to be a compliment to CS5 for working photographers that routinely produce, and need to manage, a lot of sellable photographs. Many of Lightrooms tools and functions are pretty crude compared to what can be done with CS5. plus CS5's Camera Raw and Lightroom 3's Develope module are essentially the same thing - Adobe Camera Raw 6.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back