adorama customer service poll

have you been happy overall when shopping with adorama? (with their service only)

• yes, adorama has met my expectations without problems

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • no, adorama has not met my expectations, and i have had problems

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

newrmdmike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i'm curious about everyone elses experience with adorama. i'm only allowing two poll choices however, good and bad.

vote first choice good, second bad.

out of the last four times i ordered from them 1 shipment was really late (but they kept telling me no no, it will be there tomorrow, they shipped it a full week late) the second bad experience i bought somthing that they ended up not having, but they kept telling me any day they would get one in (they didn't) they initially charged my card then credited it back, and 2 weeks later after being given the run around they finally told me "we don't know when we'll get it in" i asked for them to cancel the order. they cancelled it immediatly (that was the best service i had had from them, hows that for irony)

the other two times were fine, except for the slow processing time.

I voted yes. The one time I ordered from there I had the package on my door within the 5 day period that you'd expect from 3-5 day shipping. I do live on the east coast (Maryland) so notice I am fairly close to Adorama, so I may get shipping sooner than others.

Thing is, I dont order from Adorama anymore because B&H kills them in shipping. usually I have it the day after the process the order and hand it off to UPS, thats using 3-5 day shipping as well. This has been the case both times. Most recently with my sigma lens I ordered over the easter break that BH took I had it friday. They opened wednesday, I got a confirmation that the order had processed and shipped on thursday (figured that they had a ton of orders to process from the 10 days off) and I had it on my door when I got home on friday.

I have ordered from them 3 times. Every time the shipping was fast and they keep you very well informed.

I ordered a used F3 from them several months ago. The next day I received a phone call at 6AM (they forgot there is a time difference on the west coast I guess) by some obnoxious arm twister trying to sell me stuff I didn't want. I would have canceled the order but I wanted the camera to bad and I could not find one anyplace else. I would not order from them again.

I ordered an 8gb card from them about 2-3 weeks ago, with ~3-5 (i think) day shipping. it still hasn't arrived, and they are about to receive an unhappy call from me, since they claimed it was in stock and ready to ship when I ordered...I might not make it in time for the rebate I ordered it for.

i doubt i'll use them again.

I've had a bad experience with them. I ordered something via Amazon, and then wanted to return it. I was given the return instructions, but never got my money back. I called several times, was told something different each time. The check is being issued, because it is Amazon the refund would come via them, we don't do returns, etc. I finally stopped calling after 8 months. It was around $100 which isn't that much for me, and I was tired of getting the runaround.

I will not order from them directly or via Amazon again.

No for me. I have only tried them once, which may be unfair to rate them as poor with just a single experience. I recently was looking for a Bogen umbrella swivel head adapter and B/H was out of stock. According to the adorama site, it was in stock, but I couldn't tell from it's description if it included the male/female spigots or not (as some sites rip you off selling them separately). I called their customer service and never heard back from Fred. I emailed and got a response a couple of days later to "Call the manufacturer" (that's literally the response I got), which didn't answer my question. I then emailed Bogen who said it included the spigots, but that didn't tell me if Adorama kept them in the package or split it up.

I ended up putting it in my cart (still showing up as in stock) as well as some reflectors and reflector stand. I placed the order at 10am, 2 days later got an email it shipped. Checked the tracking status and it showed the Bogen adapter was on back order. I called and the girl said that they showed 2 in the store and 3 in the warehouse, but for some reason didn't feel the need to put it in the box w/ everything else and ship it out, nor could they be bothered to ship it the day of my call to clarify. The other thing that ticked me off, was that they didn't even send an email saying that the adapter wasn't included in the shipment which I needed for an upcoming job.

I cancelled that part of the order and found it was back in stock on B/H, ordered it and got it the same day as the other items that were shipped from Adorama 3 days earlier.

It may have been an isolated case, but I won't order again.

I had no problems with Adorama. So far.

johnboy, that exact same thing has happened to me as well, except with a lowel id-light

(and yay this is my 1000th post!)

I’ve only bought a few items from them and have used their online printing service several times in the past. I’ve been very happy with the printing service. For the few items I did get from them everything was fine.

I've bought things from them for five years and I've never had any problems.

Other than the nikon 18-200 back order issue (Nikon not them) I have had about a dozen good purchases from them.

Most reactions

Back