Adorama Shipping to Canada - Duties?

Many camera stores will price match (within Canada). For example, when I am looking to buy something, I'll check out a few Canadian stores, The Camera Store for example. I will take that price to my local store, McBain, and they will match it.

I always check the price at B&H as well, and it's often a lot less expensive. So then I figure out what the price difference would be, including shipping & brokerage etc. If it's significantly cheaper to get it from B&H, then that's what I do. If it's close, then I'll just pick it up locally.

I looked at the photoprice link that was provided and there was an * beside the lenses from B&D, Adorama and others. The * means "denotes possibly grey market product"

What is a grey market product? Is this equivalent to a white box item when talking computer parts?

I looked at the photoprice link that was provided and there was an * beside the lenses from B&D, Adorama and others. The * means "denotes possibly grey market product"

What is a grey market product? Is this equivalent to a white box item when talking computer parts?

I've just picked up on this thread, & need to clarify the position re the "grey market", at least as far as Adorama is concerned.

"Grey market" refers to products imported directly into the US, rather than through the manufacturer's authorized agents / distributors. It is perfectly legal to directly import & sell these products in the US; the term "grey market" was coined by manufacturer's authorized distributors who wanted to discourage consumers from buying these (less costly) goods.

With no factory authorized middle-man involved in the import of these products, costs are lower, so the price is lower to our customers. Many items which are in short supply or not imported at all by the manufacturer's authorized distributors are available in direct import.

Any of our products which are being sold as such will be clearly marked, and you are more than welcome to contact me directly should you have any concerns regarding a specific listing.

There is no difference in the actual products. Occasionally manufacturers will name them differently for example the Olympus USA Digital Stylus Cameras are called Olympus MJU Cameras in Europe
On direct import products purchased from Adorama, we offer the same warranty as the USA warranted products carry for a period of one year. The only difference is that you would need to ship it to Adorama for warranty service

If you have any further queries regarding any aspect of Adorama Camera, please do not hesitate to contact me directly: [email protected]

Sincerely

Helen Oster

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Most reactions

Back