Adorama sucks

ksmattfish

Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still
Reaction score
Website
www.henrypeach.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some of you may have heard me complain about Adorama's shipping before. They charge high fees for 3 day shipping (that is the cheapest shipping they offer), and then wait 3 or 4 days to ship, so it takes a week or longer. All of their major competitors ship within 24 hours of when the order is placed. Standard 5 day ground shipping will usually arrive before an Adorama 3 day order placed the same day.

As much as that sort of irked me, because linking through here helps thePhotoForum I've still been ordering from Adorama.

On Apr 9th I ordered 100 sheets of 16x20 paper. Two days after I paid for it I got an email saying that their shipping dept was closed from Good Friday to Apr 14th, and that all orders placed within that time would be shipped on April 15th. This really bugged me because I paid $35 for 3 day shipping. 5 day shipping on the same package is about $10. I really feel they should have warned me about their vacation before I made the purchase. Oh well, I have some patience, so I waited. Today I recieved an email from Adorama stating that they shipped my stuff today, Apr 19th. So I paid $35 for 3 day shipping, and it's going to take two weeks. I wrote them and let them know that they lost me as a customer, but I still wanted to complain some more. Thanks for listening to my crappy customer service rant.

www.freestylesalesco.com has slightly higher prices, but their shipping is so much cheaper, that usually the final cost is less. And it will arrive in 5 days.

B&H Photo/Video is also one of the cheapest places around, and they ship the same day you order.

That is interesting information and thanks for the post, I'll consider it a fair warning.
Have you tried contacting Adorama and asking that some of the mailing costs be refunded?

I have written them several emails, and filled out several customer satisfaction surveys mentioning my concerns. I have never received a reply, nor do I expect one from the latest (today) complaint I sent them. I don't think they give a flock.

ksmattfish said:
I have written them several emails, and filled out several customer satisfaction surveys mentioning my concerns. I have never received a reply, nor do I expect one from the latest (today) complaint I sent them. I don't think they give a flock.

And that in itself just removed them from my possible vendor list!
Thanks again KS.

I have only ordered a few things from them, and luckly didnt have any problems. It was slow to get here but hey I am in Alaska. :p I only tried them out to help TFP but prefer B&H myself.

So Chase you could convert the forum and switch the vendor. Just to please me :p

Geronimo said:
prefer B&H myself.

Yep... I prefer B&H too. They dont have time to kid around! Once the payment is cleared, the item is on the next UPS truck!

My last purchase with Adorama was also not satisfactory. The slowest shipping you can get is 3 Day. They charge for 3 day. But since I bought chemicals, they say it has to go ground, so they ship it Ground. But they still charge for 3 Day! Which is all beside the point, since UPS 3 Day Select is a Ground service! I sent several emails trying to find out why I was charged for 3 Day when my package was shipped Ground and got nowhere with them. I got replies, they just didn't seem to get it. I'm with you, Matt. I love Free Style.

Chase said:
Someone talk B&H into creating an affiliate program and I'd be there in a heartbeat...
If you are looking for more affiliates you can try RitzCamera. I have yet to order from them but they are a fairly big company. Also according to their site they have no sales tax and shipping is free for orders over $100. Has anyone order from them before? They can't be as bad a Adorama. Well, at least I hope not.

I have the same gripe about Adorama. I first ordered a film scanner from them last month and it took forever before it shipped. Their first excuse was that it was my first order with them and it takes a day or two for the customer info to be confirmed. A few days later they tell me that they can't confirm my information because the home phone number I gave them was unlisted. This took three phone calls to solve. 9 business days after I had placed the order I finally received notice that my order had shipped. My billing and shipping address is different and they screwed that up too so that added a few more days.

I summed it up to bad luck but am not happy with the people I spoke with on the phone as their attitude sucked and they were way too good at transferring me to someone else because "that's another department, please hold".

Not in a big hurry as I was not out of film, I thought I'd help the board out and ordered some film using the link at the bottom of the page. I have the same story, dates and all as ksmattfish does with this last order.

Chase said:
I don't think they offer an affiliate program either :(
They do have an affiliate program. The link in my last post takes you there or you can use Orie's link. :wink:

Gotta give B&H a try.
Shipping is half the price of Adorama.
Ordered 3 bulbs sunday night. Shipped Monday.
Been ordering from them for about a year now and have never had a problem.

Most reactions

Back