Adorama Vs. B&H

When I did go into Adorama I found it has mostly used stuff, but B&H has all new gear.

Adorama stocks more used items than B&H - usually around 26 - 28,000 units. But our range of new items is over 100,000 different lines!!!

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
[email protected]

And the flashpoint stuff is, by most accounts, pretty good, and takes a lot of the risk and guesswork out of importing gear yourself. And in the case of flash gear, the risk of importing a dangerous product is very, very real.

I commend Adorama for sticking to higher-quality imports, and not cheeping it up - I'm sure that the Flashpoint crew must look at some *total* garbage for consideration. It's good that Adorama is concerned about their brand reputation in an age when so few seem to care.

I've dealt with both, Adorama seems to have more variety, especially of cheapo off-brand accessories. I did have a bad experience with Adorama when something I ordered was on backorder and they didn't let me know until after I had placed the order.

I find B&H more on the way as when I am on 34st, I go to the movies, go eat, go into B&H to get some candy, use the boys room, hang out at the cameras section to listen to tourists' questions and amazement at the boxes flying by above their heads. Anyway, just because Adorama is way out no where I rarely go in there. When I did go into Adorama I found it has mostly used stuff, but B&H has all new gear.
There is a bit of a Twist.....I am on The West Coast, so I saw this thread from a purely "On-Line" perspective.
You guys in NYC.....which STORE do you prefer to go in.?
I have definitely ordered much more from B&H, but I have nothing bad to say about Adorama, just not much experience.
I DO enjoy the Youtube videos that B&H puts out....different authors, speakers, photographers, etc etc.

I found B&H very ethical. So I continue to shop there. I never checked out Adorama so my comments should not be construed to mean anything bad about them. I just don't know. Also, B&H often ships for free - depending on how much. Not sure of the current allowance.

I wish they would take back unused printer ink when your printer breaks. You wind up getting stuck with a lot of ink you cannot use any more when you replace your printer. Maybe Mr. Posner could talk to managers.

I always use B&H. They have a wider selection of non camera stuff as well. Plus they have a great chat feature for product questions.

I use my local retail mom & pa camera store (almost out of business) for my purchases. They stay alive by converting and develop photos, vhs, and create albums. I think both companies mentioned are good, especially B&H since they have a store front.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I've dealt with both and been happy every time.

Most reactions

Back