advice for restaurant display

GerryDavid

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I found a local restaurant that has very bare walls, the only picture is that of the owner. But before I aproach them I want to figure out how to display the pictures. Money is an issue!

My first thought is to print 11x14's *the space for pictures isnt that big* and get a masonite backing so they are ready to go on the wall as is so I dont have to bother with frames.

My main question is, how should I advertise they are from my studio? Im not really a fan of putting my name on the prints large enough that will be visible from the tables. I was thinking maybe a plaque below each picture, but im not really sure how to do that. Its a fast food place so I doubt the staff will know who I am if asked.

Any advice on how to display?

Some random thoughts on the matter. Were you planning on using 11 x 14 prints or 11x14 total size including some sort of matting or and mounting on foam core larger than the print ? If it truly is a small area 11 x 14 prints might prove to be too large for the space. In any case, with regard to your advertising I would go with one small framed statement that the prints are provided by yourself (maybe a small photo of you included in that ) .. As long as there are not other photographers work represented there as well.
The prints should be either framed or mounted on heavy poster board / foam core in my opinion. I'm sure you will get other views but that's probably what I'd do.

I was going to skip a frame/border so I can maximize picture viewing area. I didnt get a chance to measure the wall but 11x14 should still have space on either side. I would go with metal but thats to much of an investment right now. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back