Advice, need very tiny and CHEAP used point and shoot(s)

CAlbertson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is got to be the #1 question "what camera to buy?" but I've got a bit of a twist on it.

I need a "beater" point and shoot. It needs to be two things (1) tiny and (2) dirt cheap, like $25 on eBay. This will be used outdoors I may load it to kids (all ages) who could drop it in the mud or I could forget it is in my back pocket and sit on it. I need a camera such that I will never say "I can't bring that with me here because I might damage it or it will not fit in pocket. Normally I shoot a Nikon dSLR. I need something very much un-like my D200. Target price is $25, more or less

For example my high school age daughter has a friend who has a Kodak Easy Share C813. This is an older 8.1 MP camera with a 3X zoom and it takes AA batteries. The case is anodized aluminum and looks sturdy, These seem to be available for about $40. The C813 is better than I need by a small amount.

What else should I look at? I've never been interested in compact cameras I've short Nikon SLRs since my F2 in the 70's I suspect there are some nice "classics" now on eBay for close to the price of shipping. Could you all give my a few camera model numbers for Google to search?

And NO! I will but play the game of "For a little more money you can,..." I'd rather buy several cheap ones, I'll loan them out if they are cheap enough.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back