Advice needed: panoramic- & tripod photography gear combo

jkirkegaard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Everyone,

I’m looking for some advice about photographic gear to do both panoramic photography and normal tripod shooting.

For shooting real estate I’m currently using two camera-setups, my main camera (with a wide-angle lens) mounted on a tripod with a ball head. My second camera is mounted on a tripod with a rotator with stops on a rail which the camera with a fisheye lens is mounted.

Instead of these two setups, I need something simpler. I would like to combine them into one setup.

I getting a Nikon D800 and a Nikkor 14-24mm 2.8, I’m hoping this combo will replace my need for both a wide-angle and a fisheye. I’m planning to put a Kirk L-Bracket on the camera.

I’m going a need a good tripod, some kind of combination of a ball-head, rotator and a rail to set the nodal point.

I’ve been looking at some different systems; Photo Clam Pro Gold II Easy PQR, Sunwayfoto and the Acratech systems. However, I can't seem to find the perfect combination without having to change setting constantly and paying loads of money.

Anyone who knows an effective, solid and affordable solution to this issue?

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at manfrotto for the tripod. Gitzo is good is you have the cash. But a 14-24 would not replace a fisheye. A fisheye is a fisheye.

is there really no way to do it?

All the panoramic shots I have done have been with an 18-55mm lens and a standard tripod with a pistol grip head. The piece that attaches the camera to the head of the grip can do a 360 degree swivel so once I've leveled the camera I can just pan and take the shots while doing about a 50% overlap between pictures. I then just let a free program I use stick them together and they look great.

well, shouldn't it then be possible with a 14-24mm on full frame - on vertical?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back